3 3
BillyVance

BillyVance's "You Can't Make This Up" News Stories Thread

gowlerk

But I have no problem feeling sympathy for the hunter.

He shot a grizzly bear above him, on the ridge atop a rocky slope. I'm not sure it's reasonable that he should have been surprised by the behavior of massive objects under the influence of gravity.

If he's going to be stupid, he'd better be tough.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

ryoder

Stop me if you've heard this one before;
So a horse walks into a bar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSqCnhrEiWg

He was just pissed that the Broncos choked away that game against the Chiefs. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

gowlerk

Maybe too clever by half then. There is a potential advantage in having your kill come to you instead of climbing up to retrieve it.

Shot an elk yrs ago up a icy hillside. parked the truck and slid her right into the bed. Disclaimer, make sure the tailgates down
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I've seen idiots do this several times in the Boulder area, but at least they weren't driving 18-wheelers.:S

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/10/05/Semi-drives-on-bike-path-gets-stuck-under-bridge/1391538750915/

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Chiquita

I think a lot of people have felt like doing something like this, but I have never seen anyone, let alone a trucker, do it. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-rsbnwPco

I admit I've done it a couple of times. Truckers should only use the left lane to pass. So when I get stuck behind two 18 wheelers side-by-side for more than a few miles, neither one bothering to speed up or slow down to let others pass, I get impatient. It only takes me a few seconds to make the move around the right lane on the shoulder, but it's hard enough because you can't see around the truck.

As it was, the last time I did it, over a decade ago, I had been stuck for 5 MILES behind the 18 wheelers going 70. I'm talking flat terrain with slight curves every mile or so. Finally I said fuck this bullshit, there were like 20-30 vehicles stuck behind me as well. I checked the right shoulder on a slight curve to the right, ensuring a good long line of sight, and stomped the gas. ZOOM.

That certainly got the left lane truck's attention, because he pulled ahead and moved over.

I'll never forget that time about 15 years or so ago, going home from work, driving behind some little car with a hot head driver in it, who was stuck behind an 18 wheeler in the left lane. He made every gesture possible hoping the trucker would notice in his mirror, to no avail. As it was, we were stuck behind the selfish prick for 20 miles. TWENTY MILES. Boy was the hot head guy mad. Once the trucker finally moved over, hot head pulled up to just ahead of the truck, feigned a swerve at it a couple times, then swerved directly in front of the truck and brake checked it. I stomped the gas to get the hell out of there, and all I could see in the rear view mirror was a lot of tire rubber smoke. Fuck that. :S Brake checkers are assholes.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Something a lot of people don't realize is that most big trucks are governed. That video showed two Swift trucks. They are governed to the same top speed (Swift runs 65). Not sure how they got that way, but the guy on the left couldn't go any faster.

The guy on the right should have lifted off for a few seconds and let the guy on the left get ahead.

The best way to piss off a truck driver is to speed up as he's passing you. He likely can't go any faster, so if you speed up to his pace when he is alongside you, he is stuck out there. If you hang there long enough, don't be too surprised to see a turn signal come on. If the car doesn't speed up or slow down, don't be to surprised to see the truck come over anyway.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Something a lot of people don't realize is that most big trucks are governed. That video showed two Swift trucks. They are governed to the same top speed (Swift runs 65). Not sure how they got that way, but the guy on the left couldn't go any faster.

The guy on the right should have lifted off for a few seconds and let the guy on the left get ahead.

The best way to piss off a truck driver is to speed up as he's passing you. He likely can't go any faster, so if you speed up to his pace when he is alongside you, he is stuck out there. If you hang there long enough, don't be too surprised to see a turn signal come on. If the car doesn't speed up or slow down, don't be to surprised to see the truck come over anyway.

Something that a lot of people like to say is trucks are governed. I know too many people driving for companies, leasing or owner operators. And also from driving up and down i5 in California, to ever buy that excuse. I have had swift and many others go by me at 80 mph.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Something that a lot of people like to say is trucks are governed. I know too many people driving for companies, leasing or owner operators. And also from driving up and down i5 in California, to ever buy that excuse. I have had swift and many others go by me at 80 mph.

Company owned trucks are governed. Owner operator trucks may or may not be governed. You may see a Swift trailer, but it may not be a Swift tractor. Big companies hire outside companies to move loads for them from time to time.

Most trucks are governed these days. There is talk of requiring it before too long.

BartsDaddy

Company trucks are almost always governed. Owner/operators or lease operators may or may not be.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

DJL

And the reporter is asking if anyone knows who owns the car;
WTF???:S
The cops have the fucking car!
I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten how to run a registration number or a VIN.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.