Bluefox

Lunchbox Notes? Yes, No or Who Cares?

Hi Friends! I have been sending lunchbox notes in my kid's lunches ever since they started school. I think its a great way to show them that I care. Recently I started making fun painting, stop motion animated films out of my inspiration for the notes. Check out my latest one then cast your vote on how you feel about lunchbox notes.

https://youtu.be/AktKhfqexS8

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

CANOPY COURSE Video Training with Brian Germain at AdventureWisdom.com

Cute video. Not sure how it relates to notes, but it is cute. :)

I never got lunchbox notes as I always had to pack my own lunches. It's pretty cute though. I think it'd be more special if it weren't done every day. Like a once in awhile surprise would be more special then one received day after day.

It is nice you do this for your kids.

thetreehugger

Cute video. Not sure how it relates to notes, but it is cute. :)

I never got lunchbox notes as I always had to pack my own lunches. It's pretty cute though. I think it'd be more special if it weren't done every day. Like a once in awhile surprise would be more special then one received day after day.

It is nice you do this for your kids.

Thanks! I use 3x5 cards to make the lunchbox notes so in the video that's what I'm drawing on. They usually look similar with out the color. The video with the watercolor was added zing. I guess its possible that they will start taking those special notes for granted. When they do I can switch to a varied reinforcement schedule. ;) Make them miss it a little.

Bye_gravity

Appropriate lunch box notes should either be:

"Gourmet 3-Star Premium Corned Beef Sandwich from Mom"

or

"Little fucker either straight As or you're on National School Lunch Program"

:ph34r:

lol Maybe when they get older the notes will start looking more like this. When the oldest was learning to read I sent easy reader jokes on the other side of the drawing and made the picture relate. Like why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide! picture was hen and chick with hearts.

I never had special notes or anything interesting. It was always the same old boring peanut butter and honey on wheat with a side apple or orange. If there was anything close to a note it was my name written on the side of the brown paper bag. I guess we inherently try to improve on the way we were raised. I remember being jealous of the contents of other kids lunches so I'm trying to make that different for my kids.

I think lunch notes are a nice gesture, so long as the kids appreciate them - but with the school I went to I was grateful that my mother didn't put any in mine. I'd probably have had to hide them for fear of being called a sissy!

Nice little movie, though - I know how much time and patience goes into stop-motion animation, even simple stuff like that.

oldwomanc6

I like the concept, but don't kid yourself that it means as much to your kid as it does to you.

In my experience, notes like this mean a lot to your SO, however. :)

You are so right! It definitely means more to me knowing I'm sending my love then it does to the kids. Isn't that the nature of life? You pour your heart and life into your children and they rarely appreciate any of it until they have children of their own. Then they complain about the boring lunches you packed. ;) I have found though that my youngest appreciates the notes more than my oldest and my SO is definitely more appreciative to small acts of love. But even so I still think it's worth the effort.

This reminds me that the last note I sent with Mr.owc6 is getting old and ragged. He kept it in his wallet.

I need to do a new one and put it in tomorrow's lunch.

It's a wonderful sentiment and I'm sure he appreciates it (I would), but you really have to work on your sheep drawings.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

oldwomanc6

Everybody's a critic!

B|

:D

Well, if you want my $0.02 (and even if you don't)...

I find it rather amusing that you give a bagpiper (presumably a Scotsman in spirit if not in blood) a note that can be read "I love sheep."

:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Everybody's a critic!

B|

:D

Well, if you want my $0.02 (and even if you don't)...

I find it rather amusing that you give a bagpiper (presumably a Scotsman in spirit if not in blood) a note that can be read "I love sheep."

:)

:o

You owe me a keyboard!

:D:D:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9