Rigster

Whats Upppp!

What's up gang,
I've got little over 60 jumps and I'm planning on buying gear. I jump the Sabre2 190 safely but what I really want is the 170 which I haven't yet jumped. I'm concerned that I'll outgrow the 190 within a season then kick myself in the ass for not waiting.

Seeking advice....[:/]

I'm concerned that I'll outgrow the 190 within a season

When you're ready to safely jump a 170, sell the 190 and buy a 170. If your container is sized for a 190 you won't need to replace anything except the main.

Buy a used 190 now and a used 170 then and you may even come out ahead on the deal - used 190 sq ft zp mains are a hot commodity.

Why would you kick yourself for jumping a full season without injury and then downsizing when you're ready without it "costing" you more than $100 or so?

My advice.

1) You say you are safely jumping a 190. Good, continue. Either demo/rent/borrow the 190 for the rest of the season, or buy a 190 and sell it at the end of the season. There will be plenty of people who will be in your shoes this time next year, you'll have no trouble selling it.

2) See #1.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hi DiabloPilot,

Thanks for the advice. I know that nothing will be a better judge than time, practice and personal comfort level with a particular canopy size. However, is there a general consesus of an approximate number of jumps on a particular canopy before thinking of downsizing? Do you think it's resonable to give myself 100 junps on the 190 before moving on to the 170? My current WL is 1.1:1.