rickfri59

Taming The Sabre

After about 75 “smart” openings from my Sabre 190 I recently had a pocket sewn into the slider (after reading numerous posts on the subject). There is a remarkable decrease in opening stress. Now it’s an soft transition from belly to sitting up in the harness, rather than the wham bam smackers I’ve been putting up with.

I had the same problem and it was all in the packing method.

To properly pack a Sabre you must roll the nose, twist the tail tightly and stuff it in a bag in the back of your closet with a note saying don't open until you have a new chiroprator!

Worked great it hasn't opened hard since

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

My Sabre 135 has not given me any trouble. I was taught how to pack it by Paul Rafferety, you flat pack it on its side. Split and roll the nose, 4 cells on each side stuffed into the middle cell and then rolled about 4 turns. Fold the A lines back to the B lines and stack on top from there. Once you have the tail wrapped around the whole pack job ensure that the tail over laps itself to help keep the pack job from "exploding" on openning. It isn't real hard to pack and makes it pretty easy to control.

I do the same on the Stilletto 150 and 135 at work.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!