Muppetdog

Mirage G4 M1 size question

I am thinking about getting a new rig, a G4 size M1. I fly a Saber 2 150 right now and am wondering if it will fit in this size? I have looked on the Mirage site and they list some canopies that are of the same size as a Saber 2 150 as very tight. Any one out there with this size that has a 150 in there or has tried it? I am looking for somthing I can keep for a long time and downsize later with.

Blues,
Mark

If Mirage says "Very tight", they mean it. You won't like packing it. Instead why don't you pick the canopies, and then let your dealer and the manufacturer decide what size is right. That's what their job is., They will take into consideration the fact you wish to downsize later.

The difference between the M1, M2, and M3 is less than 1 inch. What about reserve size? What are you comfortable with?

The Mirage container is pretty good at taking a size or two smaller than built for. By the time your ready to go smaller than that, you'll probably want a new rig anyway.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I was told that if you get a new rig and stuff something in it that's very tight for too long, you'll stretch out the main flaps & won't be able to downsize as much as you would like to later.

I went conservative & got a G4 M5 and I might get picked on about having a big rig by some dz a$$holes, but I like that big reserve!
And by the way, I fly a 170 that fits quite sweetly, so I can't imagine going down 4 sizes in the rig w/only 1 size down in the canopy!

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Hey Rebecca long time uh, thanks for that picture any news about Pahokee? where are you jumping now?

Carlos.

About this guy question, before I change that container I will try difference paltforms wingshapes even (with a lot more jumps than what he has now) you could down size to a airlock canopy, they have a lot more packing volume.

I was talking with Chris from Precision canopies and my 135 Nitron has the same pack volume than 108/110 Xaos, that's just considering packing volumes not experience.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

You have a large range with your M3 your high end is acording to the Mirage web Crossfire 169 and low end Vengence 120 Medium fit depending on the canopy like a Xaos that has big pack volume you could down size more, don't rush things, I don't think you're experience level is there yet.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Size the rig for the reserve with which you are comfortable. In my G3 M1, the PD143 works great but is a tight fit (biggest PD reserve that will work).

IF you were already planning on a 143/150 reserve and if the Sabre 2 150 some jumps on it, you can get them into an M1.

When I bought my rig, I owned a Sabre 150 and was thinking about downsizing. I received an M3 by mistake, which fit the 150 but was huge on an old stilletto 135 I put in for size. When I got the right size (M1), it worked great for the 150. It also worked with the Sabre 135 I got six months later and the Cobalt Competition 120 I currently fly.

GIVEN A SAFE RESERVE SIZE, I will always choose the smallest main compartment that fits my current main. Containers are just plain expensive.

BE SAFE with what you can handle on the reserve, but it is OK to buy the smallest main compartment that fits your current canopy. You will probably never upsize from where you are at 88 jumps (and will almost certainly downsize).