pccoder

Finally New Javelin

I finally got my near gear today. I have been waiting for over 5 1/2 months for this container. Everything is brand new.

Javelin Odyssey (stainless everything, hip and chest rings, hackey, pin stripes, deluxe back pad)
PD Sabre2 170
PD 160 Reserve
Cypress 2

I hope you like the pictures. I am very excited about getting to jump it; however we are without power now at Skydive Space Center, so it'll have to wait until next weekend.

PcCoder.net

Unfortunately, there's one more thing you have to do to ensure that this rig is totally safe and airworthy, and that's to send it to me IMMEDIATELY so I can jump it several times... I would hate to see you hurt yourself on a new rig that hadn't been appropriately screened.

Oh, and by "several times" I mean several hundred jumps. Your safety is first and foremost in my mind, and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing you were jumping that dangerous piece of equipment. :P

Seriously, tho.. that is one nice rig. If I had the money I'd buy the exact same thing. Those odysseys are comfy, and you just can't go wrong with PD. Have fun with it, eh?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

So funny to see the background for such shots! :D

Highlights magazine! Looks like the floor of a kids bedroom after a sleepover party.:D

Can't go wrong with red, white, and blue.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Nice rig. I can't believe no one has mentioned that yet....

BEEEEEEER! :DB|:D

Or are you guys not used to something "immediate" anymore after the wait? :P
Or maybe because it's monday morning?
Wouldn't trade that one for my baby though...

B|B|
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I have been waiting for over 5 1/2 months for this container. Everything is brand new.

Am I the only one who thinks that 5 1/2 months for a new rig is just a little on the excessive side? Honestly, I can't believe -anyone- is willing to wait that long. :S

Pccoder - Congrats on the new rig, sucks that you had to wait so long.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Am I the only one who thinks that 5 1/2 months for a new rig is just a little on the excessive side? Honestly, I can't believe -anyone- is willing to wait that long.

Yeah. I think that's a really nice looking rig, but not 5 1/2 months nice. Javelins are good rigs but there are better rigs with less wait time. I dunno what the big attraction is.

But seriously pccoder... nice rig! Hope ya like it! And since when does a DZ need power to jump? Deland was open with no power! :)
Dave

the fuel pump requires electric power and the aircraft needs fuel.

my dz has pretty much pushed Mirage as THE rig to get. I didn't like it as much as the Javelin, and didn't care so much about the wait as long as I get what I want.

PcCoder.net

and didn't care so much about the wait as long as I get what I want.

Fuckin-A brother

Glad to hear you're happy.

When people asked me why I waited 16 weeks for my javy I said cause thats how long I had to wait for my javy! B|

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

have been waiting for over 5 1/2 months for this container. Everything is brand new.

yeah.. I would have bought a jav but the waiting time put me off... I would still be waiting for it now.

I am surprised you haven't taken nekkid pix of you + rig or maybe that's for later on in a quiet moment you will both have together... :P

Or drooly pix.

my dz has pretty much pushed Mirage as THE rig to get. I didn't like it as much as the Javelin

Good choice. With the Mirage, there wouldn't have been enough money left to renew the Highlights subscription.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

One they pull the wool from over their eyes, they will see that no rig is worth waiting 6 months for.

The more ya pay the longer you wait!?!?!?!?!?!?! Just doesn't add up to me.

Not trying to rain on your parade. I think you rig looks very nice and I am sure you love it. I just rant whenever I think of how long it takes for them to put out a rig.
Dom