skydiveelis

Full face helmets!!!!!

As with everything in skydiving it kind of boils down to personal perference. I own a Z1 and love it. I like the fact that the face shield is made well and if left open during free fall will not break off. Also the way it latch's is easy to work with gloves on.
I also own a Sidewinder 2, which is basically a Oxygen helmet with a box on the side for mounting a camera. It is nice but I find the face shield is flimsie and if left open in free fall it would break off. Also the rachett sysetm for closing the face shield kind of sucks. Not to mention that since the face shield flex's alot it get surface cracks in it and the plastic is much easier to scratch than the Z1.
Kirk

I also own a Sidewinder 2, which is basically a Oxygen helmet with a box on the side for mounting a camera. It is nice but I find the face shield is flimsie and if left open in free fall it would break off. Also the rachett sysetm for closing the face shield kind of sucks. Not to mention that since the face shield flex's alot it get surface cracks in it and the plastic is much easier to scratch than the Z1.
Kirk

If you really hate it that much, I suppose I could be forced to take that piece of crap off of your hands for a small price..... :P

Well if I gave the impression that I hate my Sidewinder 2, I did not mean to. I like it because I feel it is the most snage proof and arrow dynamic camera helmet out. I just really like the visor setup on the Z1. So I think I will keep my piece of crap helmet:P
Kirk

I find that the small button that Dshiznit is talking about in the Z1 is really easy to operate and also to find, since it is centered on the helmet.
Now with the Crappy visor on the Oxygn :PI find myself searching for the small little openning which is not centered on the helmet but off to the right side when on.
Kirk

There is a thread from 2 years ago from which I decided to buy a Z1

Helmet with flip-up lens, any preferences?

Sorry I do not know how to make it clicky. You'll have to do a search. By the way, the Z1 has fulfilled all my expectations.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Hello my friend!!!! Last winter I picked up an oxygen A3 off the shelf @ clew For the simple fact that my face froze and I got an ice cream headache @ sebastion, bst $75 I spent. next day @ z-hills high alt jump, pufff I wore that thing all winter. miss ya man, 8.5 weeks and counting

Hispa#17 ed :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B|B|

I wear glasses and strongly prefer my Bonehead Havok to my previous Z1. If I didn't wear glasses I'd get a FreeZR.

Any chance you could post a pic of your Havok off and on ya head.
I too wear specs and have only seen the dodgy pics on boneheads site.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Damn DD that's one serious looking Helmet:D:D
Can you wear a pair of specs under that comfortably or are WRap AROUNDS THE ONLY ONES THAT WORK WELL???

Crap sorry for the caps:$

Pic 3 seems that there is no material under te chin like on Oxy, Z1 and similar, is there a problem with air rushing in under your chin?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I can wear any of my normal sunglasses under it.. I moved the pad up just a bit and cut a nice round hole in it so I could breathe thru the hole in the front. I did that to prevent any possible fogging issues in this wet chilly climate I live in most of the year. There is no problem with air coming under it at all.... and we all know I can test things to thier fullest when it comes to speed in freefall.. ( not that you have jumped with me but others have:P)

The COOOOOLEST thing though is the flip down/flip up of the helmet...on jump run when the door comes open I reach up and pull it down and exit...... once I am under canopy... I can raise the visor and get VERY good visibility....with no obstructions..... LOVE it.