JSE

Irresponsible eBay auction?

I just saw a rig for sale on ebay with a vector 2, swift 175 and a saber 170. Seemed like a fine rig, but also included is an Icarus extreme 104. Why did this guy throw that canopy in? Firstly would it even fit properly in that container? Second, most of the people looking to purchase something like a saber 170 have no business on a canopy of that size and design. Normally I am the one being warned about smaller canopies as I just downsized to a 120, and I am the farthest thing from a canopy nazi. But this just seems a little questionable to me. Maybe I am just over reacting. I can think of a few cases where someone who wants a small high-performance canopy like this might also want a larger square canopy for something like wingsuits. I think someone should email this guy find out his reason for doing this. If you want to check out the auction I am sure you can find it on ebay.

Maybe that guy just wants to get rid of the whole package and is not implying the potential buyer to hook the 104 up...
Sell a package, let the buyer get rid of the 104... Less hassle for the seller.

Ie if you are interested in the rig, and the seller says only the complete package, wouldn't you get it and then sell the 104 if the rig w/170 is a good deal considering the 104s' resale value? Seems more logical to me than to think that guy is irresponsible. Also, it seems to me nobody looking for a 170 is really interested in hooking up a 104...
It doesn't add up..
If it was a 135/150 and a 108, it would be different in my eyes i guess.

I think someone should email this guy find out his reason for doing this.

Don't hesitate, go ahead.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

What he is selling is perfectly legal for anyone to sell, and perfectly legal for anyone to buy. So what's the problem? I personally know a girl with 30 jumps who bought a complete rig containing a Vengeance 120 last weekend. Should I go harass the seller? Why?

FYI She bought the rig for the container/reserve/AAD. At the same time she bought a Spectre 170, and put the Vengeance up for sale.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Perhaps spending your time more fruitfully rather than whining here about what people are selling on ebay is in order? I'm sure there are some unwoven baskets out there calling your name, or even unpicked noses for that matter.

-R

Picking noses, friends and friend's noses since 1975.

I just saw a rig for sale on ebay with a vector 2, swift 175 and a saber 170. Seemed like a fine rig, but also included is an Icarus extreme 104. Why did this guy throw that canopy in? Firstly would it even fit properly in that container? Second, most of the people looking to purchase something like a saber 170 have no business on a canopy of that size and design. Normally I am the one being warned about smaller canopies as I just downsized to a 120, and I am the farthest thing from a canopy nazi. But this just seems a little questionable to me. Maybe I am just over reacting. I can think of a few cases where someone who wants a small high-performance canopy like this might also want a larger square canopy for something like wingsuits. I think someone should email this guy find out his reason for doing this. If you want to check out the auction I am sure you can find it on ebay.

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

The pack volume for a Vengence 120 is more than a typical 9-cell due to the airlocks...It probably packs up like a 135-150 regular 9-cell, so a 170 isn't a big stretch. My Samurai 105 packs up much more like my old Stiiletto 135 than my old Stiletto 120.

-R

how does she plan on cramming a spect 170 in a contaner fit for a 120? doesnt sound like a good idea to me. ever hear of container lock?

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE