Brisco

Another Pro Track question

Yeah, yeah, I know... I could e-mail L&B for an answer but its more fun posting here.

Ok, so the other day my son and I do a hop'n'pop from 13.5k. I gave a count of 5 before tossing my pc and, as expected, my Pro Track didn't log the jump. I've got my altitudes set at 5k, 3.5k & 2.5k. Funny thing was that the Pro Track sounded the 3.5k alarm.

A couple of weeks ago I did a h&p from 5.6k'. We initally rode the plane up to 8k, but some clouds rolled in over the dz and since we couldn't see the ground, we decended to about 4.5k My Pro Track sorta surprised me by going off at 5k during the decent. We ascended back to 5.6k and exited. I tossed the pc almost as soon as I left the step and the Pro Track logged this jump showing the exit of 5.6k and an opening at 4.9k

So why do you think the Pro Track registered this jump? Because of the ride to a higher altitude first? The decent from 8k to 4.5k wasn't particularly fast, so I'm kinda perplexed about this. Any ideas?

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

1st warning: One 3.8 second pulsating alarm if vertical airspeed exceeds
13 m/sec at the preset altitude. Sound sequence: Pulsating, low repetition.
2nd warning: One 5.0 second pulsating alarm if vertical airspeed exceeds
13 m/sec at the preset altitude. Sound sequence: Pulsating, high repetiton.
3rd warning: Siren alarm as long as vertical airspeed exceeds 29 m/sec. at or
below the preset altitude. Sound sequence: High pitch continuous siren.
(page 46)

Needs a minimum of 6 seconds or longer of freefall.
(page 45)

Count til 5 was too short, 900 ft usually take longer than 6 sec.
No noeed to mail L&B, just RTM... :P
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I just sent mine back in. Toned fine at 1000', varying tones on the way down, sometimes no tone at all. Replaced batteries twice thru the day to no avail.

My favorite was the jump where it logged my exit at 13,500' but according to the ProTrack, I never deployed. Whew. glad I didn't know that, I mighta got scared. :D

Thanks for the input. I know how it's -supposed- to work. I was asking for thoughts on why it acted the way it did - ONLY the 3.5k alarm going off while under canopy (canopy was opened at 13.5k minus 5 seconds) when it didn't log the jump at all and why it might have logged a jump from 5.6k when i pulled right off the step and was open by 4.9k. My freefall on that jump was nowhere near 6, 7 or 8 seconds. Proably less than 3 seconds. It has logged all other jumps and speeds with no problems.

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.