chileanXaos

Post your Micron

The grommets on this rig have never lined up with each other, but when it was brand new I did have one that wasn't under the main pin cover flap area, I think it was the grommet for the bottom flap (the first that the closing loop goes through). While I have you here, sometimes the main pin cover flap opens and sometimes it stays closed. Is that anything to worry about? I've not had any problems with it yet. I also have a question about stowing the RSL. The end of the RSL by the shackle is pretty long and flaps around, there appears to be a pocket to tuck it in, but it looks like the pocket isn't finished. The purple arrow in rsl-1 is pointing to this pocket looking thing. I've been tucking the excess under the reserve risers, is that okay? (rsl-2)
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

The grommets on this rig have never lined up with each other, but when it was brand new I did have one that wasn't under the main pin cover flap area, I think it was the grommet for the bottom flap (the first that the closing loop goes through). While I have you here, sometimes the main pin cover flap opens and sometimes it stays closed. Is that anything to worry about? I've not had any problems with it yet. I also have a question about stowing the RSL. The end of the RSL by the shackle is pretty long and flaps around, there appears to be a pocket to tuck it in, but it looks like the pocket isn't finished. The purple arrow in rsl-1 is pointing to this pocket looking thing. I've been tucking the excess under the reserve risers, is that okay? (rsl-2)

My main pin cover flap never comes open (until I'm on the packing floor getting ready to close my rig) when I jump. If it comes open after you deply your main, it is not a problem. If it is deploying while you are in freefall, let me know and we'll get it in the shop and have a look at it. This is not a common problem with a recently made V3.

Here are pictures explaining how to correctly stow our RSL.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mark Klingelhoefer

hey Mark,

What does smoke colour look like.. im debating whether to go for smoke on the main rather than black, as you know this is going to have to last me a very long time and so I would like a very robust colour, thinking that smoke will dirty easier than black.... love the smoke but would love to see a picture of it.

Thanks!

I'm not mark but this is what my rig looked like when brand new out of the box. The gray areas are smoke, the lighter area around the reserve is silver. So far rthe smoke is holding up fine, I got some grass stains on the silver and white though.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Not that I'm stepping on UPT guys toes but I had a V348 with a 160 reserve. I put 170's 150's 135's and even a velo 111 in it and it worked great just using the same 170 d bag. I jumped it for 4 years and it was a rock solid container. The 135 non crossbraced was about the bottom of the line though. It wasn't loose in the container at all. It filled out nice. The only concern is that it expands more in the 170 d-bag. I never had issues though. Had a few hundered jumps with a 135 and a 111 x-braced with no mals. Just have to shorten the closing loop a bit.

This just turned up today.

My shiny new 347 - I've jumped ship from the Icon (great container but I wanted a Skyhook) but the Smart and Vision in there keep one foot in the Aerodyne camp.

Only four more days 'til the weekend - please, weather, please...
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

hi Mark. If I buy a pilot230 and a smart 110 will It fit in a rockymontain backpack?

Also,if I get a wings container can I get a free upt tshirt?

Sorry couldn't resist. Just read this whole thread and it seems like you are having alot of fun. I love that my customer is coming Here to askyou all the questions. It makes my part so much easier. Do you think I could forward you all my aerodyne questions while you are at it seeing karl is no longer here replyingto aerodyne queries?:D

Chris, I think we are going to have to put your price up mate so we can pay mark forall the extra work that he is doing for me. I wondered how you knew so much and how you were on first name basis with mark inour emails.;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry couldn't resist. Just read this whole thread and it seems like you are having alot of fun. I love that my customer is coming Here to askyou all the questions. It makes my part so much easier. Do you think I could forward you all my aerodyne questions while you are at it seeing karl is no longer here replyingto aerodyne queries?:D

To use a quote from Tara, who processes orders.....

"You know what I did? I did what I do."

She actually said that on March 29, 2006 and we made a little plaque (actually a post it note and a push pin) commemorating it.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Maybe a new size like a V307 (length 16/17 maxi)would fit nicely a Velocity 111 , Katana 120 and PDR113 or Optima 126. What container's sizes would you suggest otherwise ? The troublemakerB|B|B|

We do have the 319 that will fit a Velo 111, Katana 120, and a PD 126 (or OP 143).

Mark Klingelhoefer

How much did the skittles embroid cost? How'd you mock it up? (photoshop?)

Like $340. It depends on how intricate your design is because someone has to sit there and recreate your design in the stitching program. I guess they have to determine what type of stitch to use what direction it needs to go and a ton of stuff like that. I put it together in Illustrator. Illustrator is much better for little projects like this. Never use Photoshop with anything that you need the text to be super crisp on.

if you have any other questions you can PM me.