chileanXaos

Post your Micron

How much did the skittles embroid cost? How'd you mock it up? (photoshop?)

Like $340. It depends on how intricate your design is because someone has to sit there and recreate your design in the stitching program. I guess they have to determine what type of stitch to use what direction it needs to go and a ton of stuff like that. I put it together in Illustrator. Illustrator is much better for little projects like this. Never use Photoshop with anything that you need the text to be super crisp on.

if you have any other questions you can PM me.
is that what they told you:ph34r::ph34r:
A friend of mine who post on dizzy occasionally is also and embroider, all she does is load the image (jpg.etc...) and the software does all of the stitch allocation AND it tells you the colour thread by product code for each colour in the image, no one sitting down doing anything just load it and walk away:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Embroidery machines accept .DST files. I am yet to meet an embroider/embroidery machine who uses anything else.

People can send high resolution Jpegs to manufacturers and they will convert them to DST files for their embroidery machines.
There is also a few people floating around who will do it.

Most clothing manufacturers charge about $200+ to convert the artwork. People like wings and UPT charge around $50.
Imagine the software Squeaks friend uses is the software that converts from Jpeg to DST. It can be a hard process depending on the graphics. It is in no way always a simple job.

I have a great contact who does the work and it is cheap. But i would suggest if you are going to a manufacturer for rigs that you pay them the $50 to convert it so they can get it the right size etc for the place it is going. However Most manufacturers will also accept it if you send them the file already in DST format, they just do not tell people about dst format and just explain it needs to be converted cause the average joe does not have or have used an embroidery machine and knows about the format.

Skittles, i imagine yours cost alot because mainly the letters are all individual graphics, so each letter would have been a seperate file i would think and then you pay for the embroidery as well.

I have all my artwork in DST files now and i like that each manufacturer can change each thread colour easily if i need them to.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Squeak, Skittles is corect, as are you but NO, you dont just load the jpeg and walk away to let the software do all the work for you. I am certain if you ask your friend she will agree exactly with what skittles said in it depends how complex the graphic is as lots of it does need to be recreated as such.

I have worked with embroidery with rig manufacturers, and multiple clothing manufacturers. To simply load the software and walk away while the machine does all the work on complex graphics would be the person who is doing the conversions dream come true.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

and since you're so full of *wisdom*, you tell me why it seems that whatever someone posts, there's at least one nice person to put it down!?

you should get your eyesight fixed..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

GEt over yourself. You are the person who takes the piss out of everyone in the forum. What you cant take what you give?
I thought me and you enjoyed having a laugh with each other.

Anyway, I notice you have now deleted the picture of your rig. Shame really, It is very similars to Marks container and I was about to copy his container for my own personal rig as well as i love the orange and grey.

Not sure what your problem is.

Good luck and i hope you love your container. It looked good.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

for the sake of peace..

i wanted to have a combo of grey and orange to begin with, and wanted to make it really flashy, split lightning desing, tye-dye, fluorescent orange and what not.. mark talked me out of it and showed me pics of his container; and i made slight changes, AS I DIDNT WANT AN EXACT COPY OF SOMEONE ELSES.. as he assured me, there's about 5 others around that are exact copies..

posting pic again.. B|

ooopsie, didnt upload first time! :$

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Mate, i think you are reading into these forum posts and our PM's totally wrong. I love the colour pattern, i was just giving you a bit of shit like you constantly do me, all in the name of a laugh/fun. nothing personal.

I really like your rig and it is the exact colour combination I will be getting on my personal micron. I saw that colour combination on Marks and it looks dope.

I love your rig, I think it has got to be easily in the top five favourites of mine.

I am certain it will not be exactly the same as anyone else's cause when that happens at UPT and the girl who does the orders types in a exact copy of a previous customers the office and marketing divisions alarm goes off and their computers automatically switch to the confirmations to show exactly why they are the same and what the new customer needs to change to make it different but still very cool. It is a really loud alarm that does not shut off until the second customer has signed the confirmation agreeing to have a different pattern, then UPT send them out a Tshirt saying " I caused the alarm at UPT'. All rather dramatic really, but thats why we love UPT. Quality is awesome in all aspects, components, marketing, service and ordering pattern designs.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I secretly take all my customers orders and then convert them all to karnage krew colours before i send the orders to UPT. SO everyone gets the exact same rig using my colours.

Pretty soon I will have about 12 containers being shipped out and people will start realising that i started doing this a month or two ago.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

You know, against my advice, some people actually really want them. I have seen them come out really good too. I try to talk customers out of that as some want to show their support, but there are some who are very determined and I have seen some look brilliant.
Personally, I am not the sort of guy who wants people wearing my branding, It makes me feel like a tool.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Just got mine friday! :D

Fully loaded: skyhook, mag riser covers, 3d spacerfoam on the ENTIRE thing, padded stabilizers, spectra ripcord, louie loops, etc etc

Put 4 jumps on it this weekend, comfortable is an understatement!!

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52