chileanXaos

Post your Micron

How long for V3 be made, i just placed order through my dealer and they're saying 6 months? im seeing a lot less here? whats the real time? thanks

We're currently scheduling for delivery at the end of January.

Mark Klingelhoefer
United Parachute Technologies

Is the basic V-split design an extra 200? Or is the 'split option' only charged if you want each side of the container to be a different color?

I'd rather have the V-Split design than the Standard design, but not if it costs me an extra 2 bills....

Hi Mark,

Have ordered a rig from you and was wondering what size container you would select for a smart 150 reserve and a pilot 168 main.
Rather hear it from your mouth than anyone elses!

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

I'd suggest a V-348 for the 168/150 combo.

Mark Klingelhoefer

hi mark,
If I go with body contact cordura color smoke and 3d spacer foam will that mean I get smoke colour in between the "foam bits" ?

Have you got any pics so I can see mate?

Also I noticed people have been saying about a v310 being "fine" for a 170 main and 150 reserve... Is it or isnt it? Id rather set the record straight lol!

Thanks!

Chris

The body contact creates a nice "design" on the backpad if it is a color other than black that looks really good. (see attachment)

If you jump a Spectre and are a REALLY GOOD packer, you can fit a 170 in a 310, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass. I'd suggest a 348, with a 160 reserve. If you are only comfortable flying a 170, do you really want to be jumping a 143 reserve when things go bad?

Mark Klingelhoefer

Hi Mark,
I think I posted my M-series in this thread a while back. When I was going through the order process I noticed the magnetic riser covers and space foam were only listed as being available on the 347 and smaller, is that still true? My 168 R-max and 150 Comp Cobalt fit fine in the 347, and I'll have room to downsize later, but I would have still liked a bigger reserve.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Hi Mark,
I think I posted my M-series in this thread a while back. When I was going through the order process I noticed the magnetic riser covers and space foam were only listed as being available on the 347 and smaller, is that still true? My 168 R-max and 150 Comp Cobalt fit fine in the 347, and I'll have room to downsize later, but I would have still liked a bigger reserve.

3-D Spacer Foam and Magnetic Riser Covers are now available on all Microns and M-Series containers (Excluding Student rigs).

Mark Klingelhoefer
United Parachute Technologies

thanks Mark, Ill be going with the coloured body contact option... it looks very smart indeed! :)
I spoke to my instructor about the reserve size choices and he said that he will be happy for me to jump a 150 reserve but I completely understand that going for a bigger reserve is a safer choice.

Is there any way of fitting a 135 in the v348 or should i stop thinking that far ahead?

Thanks

Chris

That's right. V348 fits 170,150 sized mains and 160 sized reserves. I made +/-1300 jumps with this bullet- proof container which was still like brand-new when I sold it and then bought another Vector for downsizing reason. Mark, you know more than I do now;)

That's right. V348 fits 170,150 sized mains and 160 sized reserves. I made +/-1300 jumps with this bullet- proof container which was still like brand-new when I sold it and then bought another Vector for downsizing reason. Mark, you know more than I do now;)

I was gonna buy a 310 last week for a 150 main / 143 reserve combo (preserving the ability to downsize to a 135) but I just found a deal on a used rig with a Silhoutte 170 and Smart 160.

So, my question right now is: Is there a container that can fit a Smart 160, as well as a ZP 150 and ZP 135? Also, could i temporarily squeeze a Silhouette 170 in there if I were a good packer? (i.e. I pay for a good packer)?

I was gonna buy a 310 last week for a 150 main / 143 reserve combo (preserving the ability to downsize to a 135) but I just found a deal on a used rig with a Silhoutte 170 and Smart 160.

So, my question right now is: Is there a container that can fit a Smart 160, as well as a ZP 150 and ZP 135? Also, could i temporarily squeeze a Silhouette 170 in there if I were a good packer? (i.e. I pay for a good packer)?

The 347 is made to fit a 160 reserve and a 150 main (also allowing you to downsize to a 135). If the Silhouette is used (not brand new and slick) you can probably fit it in there, but it will not be fun. Borrow the container and try to put the Silhouette in it and see if you are confortable packing it (or paying your packer a little extra to deal with it).

Mark Klingelhoefer

The 347 is made to fit a 160 reserve and a 150 main (also allowing you to downsize to a 135). If the Silhouette is used (not brand new and slick) you can probably fit it in there, but it will not be fun. Borrow the container and try to put the Silhouette in it and see if you are confortable packing it (or paying your packer a little extra to deal with it).

Mark Klingelhoefer

We put Jeanne's 175 Falcon in my 347, it's F-111, used, and she psycho packs also, but it seemed to fit okay. I didn't notice the flap grommets being way out of place like I was expecting. Like Mark said, the ZP material may make it fit tighter than the all F-111. My container was a pain to close when it was brand new but it seems to have broken in now. It took about 40 pack jobs to get it flexible enough to close the flaps easily.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I didn't notice the flap grommets being way out of place like I was expecting. Like Mark said, the ZP material may make it fit tighter than the all F-111. My container was a pain to close when it was brand new but it seems to have broken in now. It took about 40 pack jobs to get it flexible enough to close the flaps easily.

Our grommets should never line up when packed. When they all line up, you only have tension in one direction. Straight off the main bag, when all 3 do not line up, you have tension in 4 different directions helping keep tension on your main closing loop and helping stop a premature deployment.

Mark Klingelhoefer