Capermel

Canadian PFF

Curious if there is any other Canadians online who have taken or are taken the PFF? I'm essentially done PFF and just working on some things for my solo but would be interested in chatting with others who have taken the program or are new to the skys'

What are you looking to chat about?

From my extremely limited capacity to give any opinions: beyond PFF, find good coaches you like working with keep making coach jumps - look into opportunities to jump with other people as much as you can. I didn't do enough of that at first, and now that I'm getting to do four-ways and other jumps it's helping me keep interested in progressing.

My home DZ has a "mentorship" program you can spend a day working on skills you want to develop, for the low low price of the mentor's slots. I did one on four-way RW and it was an absolute blast. Learned so much, built my confidence in the skills I have, and is helping me hone in on what I need to improve on.

And definitely pursue canopy coaching, it's worth it.

Hey thanks for the reply. Mostly I was just wondering if everyone got their solo the moment they were done PFF, as I have 2 tasks to complete still. I suppose it depends on DZ though? I don't think my DZ allows 4 ways until you have a B CoP even with coaching but don't quote me on that. I'm happy just working on stability, turns, tracking for this season. Hopefully weather stays good for the next little bit. If all goes well I will be able to get on two loads this weekend and finish those tasks. Simple ones, but they need to be signed off.
Blue Skies :)

Lawndarter

What are you looking to chat about?

From my extremely limited capacity to give any opinions: beyond PFF, find good coaches you like working with keep making coach jumps - look into opportunities to jump with other people as much as you can. I didn't do enough of that at first, and now that I'm getting to do four-ways and other jumps it's helping me keep interested in progressing.

My home DZ has a "mentorship" program you can spend a day working on skills you want to develop, for the low low price of the mentor's slots. I did one on four-way RW and it was an absolute blast. Learned so much, built my confidence in the skills I have, and is helping me hone in on what I need to improve on.

And definitely pursue canopy coaching, it's worth it.

Hi Melissa. Please follow the link below to the CSPA PIM 1. Check out pages 30 to 34 for the list of qualifications needed to achieve the various levels of certifications. Also on these pages are the lists of privileges each certification gives you.

Our DZ is a CSPA member school and DZ. As such we have promised to follow the established CSPA training program. And we follow the CSPA rules for all CoP holders.

But the bottom line about getting a Solo Certificate at the end of the PFF is that the PFF program would need to have many more jumps and would become more expensive to reach that goal. New PFF graduates are still students until they meet the Solo Certificate requirements, apply for and pass the test.

You are in good shape to accomplish that by the end of the season. Good luck!

http://www.cspa.ca/sites/default/files/PIM%201%20August%202017.pdf
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.