taintstick

Newbie from TEXAS!!

You didn't fail. You survived a skydive and lived to post on Dz.com . Landing off is part of the game ... I've missed the entire town before. The world is your DZ. You learned and did something the vast majority of the world will never try. Good for you. The tunnel will help but watch out as you my find a new addiction in the wind tube as well.;)

megamalfunction

There's also Lonestar, but I haven't been there before. A fourth option is Texas Skydiving in Lexington, but I don't think I'd recommend them. They were involved in a sort of sketchy student fatality in recent years, so I'd avoid them.

I'm just a noob, and haven't been to a ton of DZs, but I just wanted to give a dissenting opinion, since Lexington is my go-to dropzone.

First, there's been only one fatal incident involving a skydiver (a gentleman who was 61 years old and apparently incorrectly performed EPs) and that happened back in 2012. Second, the DZ has been under new management for a while now. I did my AFF there, and I'm a giant wuss- if I'd felt at any point that my odds were higher of being hurt there than elsewhere, I would have finished somewhere else. The dropzone is actually super noobie friendly- big landing area, few canopies out at any given time, virtually no obstacles, lots of bailout spots... pretty much as safe as it gets.

Seriously, it's a great place run by very professional and safety-minded people.

BTW, Lone Star is cool too... their King Air is seriously fucking sweet.

rapanui

*** There's also Lonestar, but I haven't been there before. A fourth option is Texas Skydiving in Lexington, but I don't think I'd recommend them. They were involved in a sort of sketchy student fatality in recent years, so I'd avoid them.

I'm just a noob, and haven't been to a ton of DZs, but I just wanted to give a dissenting opinion, since Lexington is my go-to dropzone.

First, there's been only one fatal incident involving a skydiver (a gentleman who was 61 years old and apparently incorrectly performed EPs) and that happened back in 2012. Second, the DZ has been under new management for a while now. I did my AFF there, and I'm a giant wuss- if I'd felt at any point that my odds were higher of being hurt there than elsewhere, I would have finished somewhere else. The dropzone is actually super noobie friendly- big landing area, few canopies out at any given time, virtually no obstacles, lots of bailout spots... pretty much as safe as it gets.

Seriously, it's a great place run by very professional and safety-minded people.

BTW, Lone Star is cool too... their King Air is seriously fucking sweet.

If you judge a DZ by it's fatalities you are going to have very few to choose from.

as long as the DZ is up to date of regulations it just comes down to instructor meet with them all an you will feel better with the choice you make. cost has alot to do with it as well. Im paying 1500.00 for certification in nebraska. im alittle short right now so they are working with me on payments
good luck an blueskies. if ever in nebraska visit weeping water DZ. I'll jump with ya