Hyde

Already loving this sport and I'm just getting started.

Hello, so I've obviously just started and I'm working on going on my 3rd tandem jump in April. My first skydive was April 12th, 2015 for my birthday and have been trying to go for my birthday every year now. I would like to get my license, but wait to raise the cash plus find a new DZ since Ohio Skydive Center closed down. I've done a lot of crazy things in life, but skydiving has to be one of the greatest experiences I've had. I look forward to more jumps. I plan to do a wind tunnel at some point. Probably will go to the one in Cincinnati once it gets built. Like most newbies I'm fascinated by wing suits. If you have any suggestions for a new skydiver please feel free to share. Knowledge is power and I enjoy learning and being safe while having fun. I've been listening to Skydive Radio and also learning some stuff with the Rhythm 101 app. Also trying to learn as much as I can about rigs, it's a bit overwhelming. However the best thing I can do is learn as much as I can. Well if you feel like saying hi, or any insights on the sport feel free to message me. Happy jumping everyone, and blue sky's. :P

-Hyde
I just started

Welcome to the sport. I started jumping so that I could fly a WS. It seems that many say that but not as many follow through.

The best advice that I could give would be to be a good student (study/listen) and to make wise choices that will keep you healthy so you can progress in your jumping. After you get your own gear you will be faced with choices of canopy size/speed. You have to find your own balance between risk and reward. I measure success by how many days per year I am healthy enough to jump.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Thanks so much for the advice. I have been trying to look at different rigs to learn the set ups and how they work. Like most things, I'm sure knowledge will come with time and the more I get involved with the sport. I think most people don't fallow through with wing suits do to the expense like most things. Again thanks for the advice and happy jumps :)

I just started

Thanks so much for the welcoming, and all the advice. I'm considering taking on another job to get the extra money for it. I thinking it maybe better that I get trained so I know which kinda do rig fits me with my style of flying. Again I appreciate everyone welcoming me and the much needed advice :)

I just started

Advice # 1 . Stop doing tandems.

Advice # 2 . Do whatever you can to do AFF and get your license. Sell your body, rob your whuffo friends. Cheat lie steal whatever just get your license because jumping with your friends is worth more than all the cash or material possessions you will ever have. Each jump just gets better and better.

Advice # 3. The second job might be a better idea than robbing from your friends but I stick by selling your body. :P

Thanks lol for the advice. Pretty sure I need to make $ not use money so selling my body may not be an option, but yeah I'm aiming for the AFF, ran into another skydiver and they said the jumps are way more enjoyable. Again thanks for the advice, happy jumping and blue skies.

I just started

Im doing the static line course due to costing half then the advance free fall. plus airport only offers that way of training. I actually like hanging from the plane a second or so. I have 6 jumps but 2 were tandems last year. I have 3 static jumps with last being practice pull. next is another practice then real pull. Im paying 1500.00 for the full course. 30 jumps total. but you can pass with 25 an have 5 extra jumps to work on my different exits. You are going to love it. freefalling an piloting a canopy are 2 totally different experiences. Welcome to the sport an remember. There isn't much you can do about falling so don't worry about that part. focus on counting an altitude awareness an you will be fine. I put a alti on my wrists for a day an got into habit of just glancing every so often. you would be suprised how fast you can lock up mentally without realizing secs passed.

definitely listen to the podcast "jump twenty six". It's more geared towards younger skydivers just off student status (since it's 25 jumps to a license). I know you haven't started yet but listening to all these as you go through the license process (or even before) would serve you well. Good luck!
*If you fail to plan, you plan to fail*
*It's not flair, it's flare*
*Please use "your" and "you're" responsibly*

Hello! I am planning to start skydiving in september. Any advices about my first jump will be apreciated. I am so hyped that I designed a T-Shirt design that you can check out if intrested.
https://teespring.com/i-love-it-when-my-girl-lets-me#pid=369&cid=6565&sid=front