Sparkey91

Australia - April / May 2017

Hi all,

I have never skydived before but I am absolutely fanscinated by it and would love to get involved in the community.

I am moving to Australia for 2 years in April / May this year and will be looking for a job at a drop zone. Ideally I would like to get my b license so I can be a packer and learn as much as possible and start jumping.

I really don't mind what type of DZ I work at (tandem or funjumper) - I'm just really keen to start learning.

Is there anywhere people can recommend for me to contact / knows anyone who may be looking for a packer.

Many thanks,
Ronnie

Australia is a big place - find a place you want to work / live and then check in for your local DZs.

I would suggest finding a 'normal' job first, then starting to skydive and see how you like it.
(spoiler: you will probably like it ;) )

Being a packer is hard work, but you may find other roles like manifest or bus driver may be open for you.

Thanks for your reply!

I appreciate Australia is very big - however I am willing to work in most locations. I've been recommended a few places, but I'm open to ideas before I book my flight from Singapore.

Hard work is not an problem for me and I'm keen to learn quickly - so packing wouldn't be an issue. (I'm a fit guy and don't mind hard graft 😜). I'm just keen to learn how to pack and to start jumping when I can.

Thanks

Don't set goals such as getting your b license. Just set a goal of doing one jump and enjoying every second of preparation for that one jump. Each step of this sport is amazing and setting a goal of getting a certain license or doing a certain job can cause you to rush through the beautiful adventure that is AFF.
Every jump is sacred. :)