FlyAddict

Hello from Maple Valley, Washington

Hi all,

I finally pulled the trigger and made a tandem jump while on vacation @Skydive Arizona. I was immediately hooked, as I am sure many of you were and know the feeling. Needless to say, before I flew home I was back @Skydive Arizona for a second jump and tunnel time!
I flew back home to Washington State and found myself @Skydive Snohomish for a third, then off to iFly Seattle for more tunnel time.
Hopefully the weather will hold out this weekend so I can give Skydive Kapowsin a try. If not, money saved I guess. ;)

Goal # 1 – A license.
I am scheduled for the ASP @Skydive Arizona March 19th of next year. I hate the wait, but need to save the pennies, and this is all my work schedule will really allow as the ASP is close to a solid two weeks.
In the meantime, I will continue to jump, get more tunnel time, read and educate myself the best I can to prepare for my ASP.

Goal # 2 – Camera Flyer
I already love photography and have professional cameras, so for me, this is a perfect fit.
I understand I will need a couple of hundred jumps before I can proceed with this … but this might just be perfect timing for me. Hopefully husband will be retired by then, and I will have something to do when we move to our AZ home!

Anyway, wanted to drop a line, introduce myself and get to know a few of you as I continue on this journey!
Sheri
~~Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it!~~

Goal 1 is great! Go for it.

Take a deep breath before going for goal 2. Keep an open mind. You will learn so much about this sport between now and when you can jump with a camera that it may completely change your goals. If you set a goal that is so far out you tend to just get through jumps to make it to that goal. This is a mistake! Every jump is incredible. Have no long term goals...just enjoy each jump as it comes. One day, if all goes well, you will have tons of jumps under your belt and can do anything.

You may find yourself drawn into wingsuiting or RW or FF or CRW long before you get to the point where you can camera fly. Which, for tandems...is probably over 500 jumps anyway.

That being said good for you and welcome to the sport! It gets better every jump.;)

Trafficdiver

Goal 1 is great! Go for it.

Take a deep breath before going for goal 2. Keep an open mind. You will learn so much about this sport between now and when you can jump with a camera that it may completely change your goals. If you set a goal that is so far out you tend to just get through jumps to make it to that goal. This is a mistake! Every jump is incredible. Have no long term goals...just enjoy each jump as it comes. One day, if all goes well, you will have tons of jumps under your belt and can do anything.

You may find yourself drawn into wingsuiting or RW or FF or CRW long before you get to the point where you can camera fly. Which, for tandems...is probably over 500 jumps anyway.

That being said good for you and welcome to the sport! It gets better every jump.;)

Thank you for the info trafficdiver ... I guess my Goal #2 really should be my "end goal" as I am sure I will have many in between, and most important ... just jump when I can! B|
I appreciate the reply and input! :)
Sheri
~~Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it!~~