dowellmichaeld

New in Orange, VA

I just moved to Fredericksburg, VA from FL and am going to start jumping again at Orange. I jumped a few years back, only 16 jumps and then life happened...I am stoked for AFF again and to meet the DZ community out here. Anyone local or stops at Orange at all I'd really like to hear from you so I can branch out in my new area. Take care! MDD

Welcome to Orange, Michael! you're going to find a fun DZ! Great bunch of people jumping pretty much all disciplines in the spectrum. If it's your cup of tea, the party atmosphere is great with a second party hangar, tiki bar, & firepit to sooth your social soul.
I've been jumping at O for over 10 years and went through AFF here. The AFF school is top-notch with lots of support for continuing newly-licensed jumpers.
Aircraft is Super Otter in the summer and Caravan in the winter. Brand new huge main hangar with excellent facilities and well-maintained gear. Large landing areas with chauffeur service for students.. ;)
Two-three boogies per year with many other special events during the year.
AND... being in F-burg, you get to avoid I-95 traffic!
Just don't speed on Rt 3 or Rt 20, and certainly not in the town of Orange. :|
Hope to see you there!
- Steve

Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

kuai43

Welcome to Orange, Michael! you're going to find a fun DZ! Great bunch of people jumping pretty much all disciplines in the spectrum. If it's your cup of tea, the party atmosphere is great with a second party hangar, tiki bar, & firepit to sooth your social soul.
I've been jumping at O for over 10 years and went through AFF here. The AFF school is top-notch with lots of support for continuing newly-licensed jumpers.
Aircraft is Super Otter in the summer and Caravan in the winter. Brand new huge main hangar with excellent facilities and well-maintained gear. Large landing areas with chauffeur service for students.. ;)
Two-three boogies per year with many other special events during the year.
AND... being in F-burg, you get to avoid I-95 traffic!
Just don't speed on Rt 3 or Rt 20, and certainly not in the town of Orange. :|
Hope to see you there!
- Steve

Sounds awesome, Steve! It looks like I'm going to do AFF the weekend of the 10th. How often do you get out that way? I was looking to spend a better part of a week out that way, the DZ camping community and after hours crew in Deland was always fun and I'm sure it's the same there.
-Mike

kuai43

I'm actually planning on the 10th as well... night jumps on the schedule! B|

In case you haven't found it already - our fancy new website:
http://skydiveorange.com/

Wicked! I was thinking about throwing my tent in my bag and staying the night there, I guess it'll be a good scene with the night jumps going on. Is it kosher for the new guy to stick around for the night? I wanted to knock out AFF over the weekend, or as close to it as I can and then come again later in the week when the DZ reopens on Wednesday and get plugging on my A card and meet some folks. If you want, shoot me a text, (386)449-9840 so I can keep in touch before I head out on the 10th. This is why the jumping community is so cool, rad people...Mike

dowellmichaeld

***I'm actually planning on the 10th as well... night jumps on the schedule! B|

In case you haven't found it already - our fancy new website:
http://skydiveorange.com/

Wicked! I was thinking about throwing my tent in my bag and staying the night there, I guess it'll be a good scene with the night jumps going on. Is it kosher for the new guy to stick around for the night?

No problem camping anytime - new guy, or old guy. There's a 'security' fence around the party hangar, so make sure you get the code.

Best way to stay in touch and up on the latest is the O FB page. All the cool kids are there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/skydiveorange/
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess