lojik69

Hi from Australia

Hi all,
I’ve just caught the skydiving bug so I thought I’d look around the web to see what’s happening and I chanced upon this forum.
I’m Liam, a mature (in years only) government worker in Canberra, Australia. I just completed my AFF course at Skydive Oz in Moruya which is an awesome place filled with even awesomer people. So glad to have them as my ‘home’ DZ!!
I’ve been afraid of heights all my life (to the point of having a panic attack and crawling back to the carpark when I visited the Grand Canyon a few years ago) so I have no idea how I managed to get myself strapped into a rig and plummeting from 14000' but I’m SO glad I did. Even after landing badly on my first jump there was no way I wasn’t going to get back up for more. I’m now up to 14 jumps (with more coming this weekend) and hoping to get to my B licence (and maybe beyond?) as soon as I can. I’m also a private pilot (did I mention the fear of heights thing?) and motorcyclist so maybe I should up my life insurance??
I’m going to keep reading the forums, popping my head up to ask questions when I need to, and generally lurking around the fringes. And jumping, I’m going to keep on jumping!

lojik69

I’m also a private pilot (did I mention the fear of heights thing?) and motorcyclist so maybe I should up my life insurance??

I'm a financial advisor and sell a ton of life insurance for a living. Most all companies will exclude skydiving. So they will keep your premiums normal, but if you die from skydiving the policy won't pay out. Congrats on working towards your license though and have fun! Australia is #1 on my list of counties to go visit so hope to make it out that way sometime!
*If you fail to plan, you plan to fail*
*It's not flair, it's flare*
*Please use "your" and "you're" responsibly*

Hi!
You have gone to the right place for sure - Moruya is an awesome DZ with awesome people.
There's a lot of interesting reading on these forums but make sure to run any questions past your instructors.
I mainly jump at Picton but am well overdue for a trip to Moruya. Keep jumping and I'm sure we'll run into each other.

Have fun. :)

Enjoy yourself mate. If ever in Victoria try Skydive Nagambie or Australian skydive near Bendigo. I did some jumps at both and both are great Drop zones with l good people and CIs(Don and Ralph) Enjoy your adventure
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??