Kolizion

new / 25 jumps

Just hit my 25th jump the other day. Super proud of that, just have a few small things to tick off on the card for the A license.

Have the hop 'n pops to do. Not sure why its got me nervous... maybe its spotting my exit, or thinking I might not enter the wind correctly... ::shakes head::

anyways... HI!

HnP's had me nervous as well when I did them. Just remember it takes about 10 seconds to fall the first thousand feet. 10 seconds is an eternity when you think about getting stable out of the plane and from 5500 that still puts you at 4500 feet. It's not so bad and messing around with your canopy while not worrying about anyone else in the air is a blast. Have fun
*If you fail to plan, you plan to fail*
*It's not flair, it's flare*
*Please use "your" and "you're" responsibly*

The fear of the unknown is always frightening. I once had a hard opening (Because the stupid me forgot to stow the toggles before packing) causing my relaxed legs to kick themselves forwards and I hurt my knee because it tried to bent the wrong way. Ever since that day, I'm always scared of another hard opening when I throw my pilot. So I tense my legs in a bent position so that my knee's can't bent the wrong way again.

Either way, a Hop&Pop is super easy. If you can have stable exits at 12000ft, you can also have stable exits at 4000ft. (Speaking of which, here in my country it has to be done at 4000ft, not 5500ft at someone else mentioned?)

One big advice when doing a Hop&Pop: Do you know what is written on the bottom of your aircraft? No? Or maybe? Well then after this jump you know for sure! Look back up at your plane and read whatever text is written at the bottom of the plane. This will naturally cause you to throw your head back and arch, causing the stable exit to be pretty much child's play.

Oh and by the way, don't be too quick with throwing your pilot. It's "Clear & Pull". Wait 3 seconds (1001-1002-1003) and then throw.

Nailed the 5,500 jump... No idea why it was getting in my head. Sadly the winds have been blowing pretty hard so I had to wait for the 3.5k. Finishing out the rest tomorrow hopefully. 3.5k, pack and jump my own and a check dive.

Starting to look over some gear for next season to work through 100 jumps on.

Kolizion

Starting to look over some gear for next season to work through 100 jumps on.

If you're already looking for your own gear, I would advice to look for a rig that is suitable for both category 2, as well as category 3 canopies for your wingload.
For example, I bought my own rig at 25 jumps as well. From category 2, I could have a 210sqr canopy but the rig also fits a 190sqr canopy for when I reach 100 jumps.

That way I don't have to buy a new rig again if I want to downsize. Because that would just be a waste of money.

I walked out today an A license holder. Wooooo!

Was quickly checked out to a 210, which I load at .89. I'm comfortable here mastering this size for my skill level. 100% agree with what you have to say about a rig that can support smaller sizes when I'm ready to go any smaller. For now I'm going to master the hell out of this one. (Renting)

There is only one rig at the DZ that is a 210, so I'm looking for some used gear at a reasonable cost to get me through a season so I can get on the plane as much as I want to crank out the learning.

Gratz on your A. That's pretty darn fast too! :o
As a matter of fact, I passed my theory exam for A as well yesterday (already had all practical requirements) so I'm getting mine send home soon too. ;)

Anyway, it seems like you're on the right track. All you gotta do is jump, jump, jump some more, and then another jump. And as finishing touch.... You guessed it: JUMP! :D