wbk

Newbie in AZ

Hey everyone,

I wrapped up my A a couple of days ago, and all I can think about is getting to move forward from jump twenty-six this weekend.

I've been lurking these forums for several weeks (Thanks to everyone putting out great content -- even when you're not getting replies, you're getting reads).
I can't search for skydiving videos without seeing videos I've already seen.
I've listened to all of the Jump 26 podcasts (Thanks to you guys, too, if you're reading. Awesome stuff.)
I'm waiting on Dan B-C's book, and a couple from Brian Germain to arrive in the mail.

I'm here to learn. Or just pass the time. What's out there for me?

And hey folks :)

Hey there, wbk! I'm a newbie as well, though not as far along as you. Been listening to Skydive Radio & Jump 26 as well as watching every video I can find. Brian Germain's information/videos have helped me learn a great deal in a short period of time. Have you jumped @ Eloy? Planning a trip down there this winter while the weather's nasty in Oregon...have heard great things about the DZ. Any insights you'd care to share with me regarding progress towards the A license or training materials, sites etc. would be more than welcome. Enjoy your new license!!
Lead or Follow, but get the hell outta my way!

Welcome to the forums! :)). The best place for you to learn is at the dz. Also, take a canopy control class as soon as you can. It will help you immensely!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hey Wonka, awesome!

I've only jumped at Eloy. The instructors are all excellent and inspirational people, good teachers, and definitely actively saved my life at least a couple of times. Every jump taught me a ton, even the ones I struggled with; but I can't compare their program to anything else because I don't know anything else.

I've been an average student at best, so take my insights with a grain of salt. Get yourself a copy of the SIM. It's not complimentary, and paper's easier to study than a web page. Listen to your instructors and take everything they say as an order, rather than a suggestion – including things you don't think you have control of, like "relax."

And have fun.

Why are you waiting for winter? The weather here is just fine right now!

Remster

Stop learning online and start hanging out at the DZ more.

Haha, you'll probably be putting up with my incorrigible self very soon – be careful what you ask for.

Point taken, though. The weekends are just so damn short.

skymama

Welcome to the forums! :)). The best place for you to learn is at the dz. Also, take a canopy control class as soon as you can. It will help you immensely!

Hey Skymama! Thanks for the advice, a canopy class is definitely on the top of my list.

wbk- Happy to hear about Eloy...like I said, heard lots of good things about them from folks, but always good to hear more reviews. Been reading the SIM, but you're absolutely right about paper being easier...especially when I try to read it on my phone. Lol. Copy that about the instructors....was given 2 eyes, 2 ears but only 1 mouth for a reason I suppose :) Would love to head down to Eloy tomorrow, but work precludes that currently...should be a hoot though when I'm finally able to get there!
Lead or Follow, but get the hell outta my way!