CarolinaHoosier

Newbie in Raleigh, NC

Carolina Hoosier here - born in Indiana but made for North Carolina. Just completed jump school at Triangle Skydiving Center (Louisburg) last Sunday and made my Cat-A jump. Heading back tomorrow to continue the progression. Loving every minute. This site has been so helpful getting started with skydiving. Thanks everyone!

Well Cat-B jump today went great - corrected all the little things I wanted to improve on from the prior jump. Cat-C1 a different animal - wound up on my back with instructors (2 AWESOME instructors!) in chase. I did manage to get belly down alone & pull cleanly at altitude no less but more from kicking like a mad man than arching & relaxing. So FAIL...but fantastic debriefing from the guys at Triangle Skydiving Center so I'm confident I can right more wrongs next Sunday!

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass a level, but it happens. Lay on your coffee table all week and practice arching. When you think you're arching enough, arch more so you can get the hang of what it feels like. Is the tunnel near you? Tunnel time usually helps too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon