Codey_M

Starting AFF in 3 weeks YEW!

I am really excited to be starting my AFF in a few weeks but I do have a question.
Does shoulder posture affect stability in free fall and does it make it more difficult?
I'm working on correcting my posture at the moment but just wanted to know if anyone had any experience skydiving with the common over 6ft curl of the shoulders.
Cheers;)

Arching pretty much puts the rest of your posture in order. Your arch is where your stability is coming from. The main thing to be careful of with your shoulders is that you don't roll them forward as you reach for your pilot chute.

I have watched a few people progress through the wind tunnel and it seems like their posture does improve as part of that experience. I'm not entirely sure if it's something about the body position it forces on you or they just weren't that athletic before and that any amount of exercise helps with that. Or maybe they're just more confident now.

If you're near a wind tunnel at all, you'll probably be encouraged to put a few minutes in at one. My instructors suggested it after my AFF 1 and I actually hadn't heard about the place until then. It made a world of difference with my flying. I had the worst problem with leg position. I'd be all like turning and couldn't figure out why and looking at the video I'd see I'd have one leg or the other up. The more practice you can get at this, the better!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Also as I am completing my entire AFF course at once with an additional 5 jumps. Does anyone have any advice on how to structure my training further on. Due to my living location being a flight away from my drop zone and a hefty $750 air fare as well. I was thinking I would make the trip every 2-3 months, so my question I guess is, is this too long in between jumps? also any advice on how I should spend the 3 days at a time at the drop zone jump wise. For example 1 coaching jump for every 5 jumps each day etc
Appreciate any advice I can get
Cheers :)

Being current is pretty important to a new skydiver. If you're only doing a few jumps every couple of months, you'll probably end up having to do more jumps with instructors to verify that you still remember everything well enough. Plus, seriously, a couple of months is a long time to go when you have the skydiving monkey on your back. Having a tunnel nearby should help with that, at least.

I did a canopy course early on and highly recommend doing that if you can. Especially since you're not planning on jumping regularly. The more comfortable you are flying your canopy, the better off your entire skydiving experience will be.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Unfortunately there is only 1 wind tunnel in Australia at the moment that I am aware of and I am not close to it. More are coming in the next year. I will take your advice on getting a canopy course early and I am working on making my jumps on a monthly frequency or less.
Thanks FlyingRhenquest
:)