Blairzo13

New guy from SoCal.

Hello everybody, my name is Jeff. My skydiving story began last Wednesday on the 17th. My wife and I just celebrated our 4year anniversary and we wanted to do something memorable. I asked her if she would like to go skydiving and she said with a big smile "yes". I was a little shocked because I never thought she would say yes. She called my bluff! I spent 4 1/2 years in the ARMY jumping from planes so I was excited to be able to do it on this level. We signed her up for a tandem jump and I enrolled in the AFF level 1 jump. The class took around 5-6 hours of classroom mixed with some hands on. My wife and I did two 1 minute sessions in the on-site wind tunnel prior to our jump. She did AMAZING! Better then me! Then came time for the real thing. After landing I had a debriefing on my jump, I'm cleared for level 2. I must say, I can't stop talking about it, I can't stop thinking about it. I've decided to sell out of my main passion to pursue my new one. SKYDIVING!!! I look forward to many many more jumps! Thanks for reading.

I've decided to sell out of my main passion to pursue my new one.

You're gonna sell your wife??? Good Man [ROFL]...

Welcome to the boards, Glad you two got to experience this together.. Have Fun..

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Thank you for the hospitality. My wife would be content with a tandem jump once in a while but she doesn't want to jump solo. We are planing on going back in a week so I can continue with my AFF course. I meant to say sell out of a hobby, that would cover the cost of the "A" license package. Hopefully my next outing I will be able to log a few jumps.

Jump #2 in the books and cleared for level 3. At the risk of sounding like the noob that I am, I have a question. Do static line jumps count towards the A license? I have a few jumps in the army and was told that it might transfer over, I have my military jump log.