runDMsef

First Rig:Is this a good price?

I have the following deal I am trying to decide on:

Container: Reflex 50 jumps (DOM '00)
Main: Sabre 170 50 jumps (DOM '99)
Reserve: PD176 0 jumps (DOM '99)
Cypress: 4 year check/batteries done (DOM 2000)
Jumpsuit: Bodysport w/ booties
Helmet: Parasport Z1 full face
Audible Altimier: Pro Dytter, needs battery
Wrist Altimeter: Altimaster (cant recall which version)
Gloves: Neuman

Asking: $2750

All the above gear has been shipped to my DZ for my inspection before the sale takes place. The gear is in mint condition- it looks brand spakin' new! The Reflex has the Catapult installed, and I will have it removed if I decide to buy (and yes, I've read nearly every thread on this forum regarding Reflex and the Catapult). I spoke to people at the DZ (riggers, packers, jumpers, dealers) and got mixed reviews. Some seem to think its a good deal, others not so much (but I think they were considering the rig only and not the "extras"). If I decide not to buy, it will pay shipping back to the seller ($75) plus half of the shipping to get it to me ($37.50), per our agreement.

Opinions?

With all the extras and all, for that price, it's a heckuva deal. You'll know better, after your rigger goes through it all. Good luck to you! B| To give you an idea, if, you can locate a Para-Gear from that year (yr. of mfgr of the container) and compare prices you'll see!

Chuck

Without the extras, it would be a little high.

With all the stuff you are getting with it, it becomes a great deal.

Is your rigger familiar with packing Reflex? There are some tips for maintaining a snug pop-top without putting too much pressure on the pin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I would pretty much agree with your riggers price. This would be my educated guess at value
Reflex container $ 400
Main 170 Sabre $ 500
Cypress $ 700
Reserve PD176 $ 600

Even though main has few jumps it is an old model, with hard opennings. I would also check that the riser covers stay closed, I have seen some that have problems with that. Also the pop top generally needs to be tightened a few times after a repack in the following months(milage may vary depending on how good the rigger knows the tricks to the Reflex container)
Kirk

Sounds like a good deal pending the rigger's inspection. If it checks out, jump it to make sure it's what you want. Don't listen to all the negative hype about the old Sabres. I have put over 500 jumps on my Sabre 170 manufactured in '98 and have only been smacked when I forgot to uncollapse my slider. I do nothing special to pack it.

Hope it all fits and works out for ya...Congrats on your first gear if it does!

Rock