Scotty_R8

New guy in the Panhandle of Florida

I figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm currently living in the panhandle of fl and have been fascinated with skydiving since I was a small child. I had done a few tandems years ago and wanted to try out the AFF course but due to being in the military at the time, I ended up in Germany for 4 years. Now that I am back to FL and out of the military I figured it was time to finally pursue my dreams. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scotty_R8

I figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm currently living in the panhandle of fl and have been fascinated with skydiving since I was a small child. I had done a few tandems years ago and wanted to try out the AFF course but due to being in the military at the time, I ended up in Germany for 4 years. Now that I am back to FL and out of the military I figured it was time to finally pursue my dreams. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/12.shtml

Good people.... Twin Otter:)

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it.

As far as starting training, I'm currently a gov't contractor now and set to deploy here soon and if it's not too cold I'd like to start up at the end of November if possible. Also, I'm kinda of a bigger guy at 6'2 255lbs so I have to drop some weight before I can do any of the AFF courses that I've seen.

Scotty_R8

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it.

As far as starting training, I'm currently a gov't contractor now and set to deploy here soon and if it's not too cold I'd like to start up at the end of November if possible. Also, I'm kinda of a bigger guy at 6'2 255lbs so I have to drop some weight before I can do any of the AFF courses that I've seen.

I am pretty sure Gold Coast has dealt with Anvils before

(Anvil = Big people over 225 with a prodigious fallrate)

Also another good reason for a bigger airplane...:D:D

A Cessna 182 can be a bit tight for people who are not 5'6" tall and are wee little folk.

Give Leanne Igo a call and find out....

http://www.goldcoastskydivers.com/