AWIZRD

New Jumper in AZ #2 :-)

Greetings folks,

I completed my first Tandem jump over Memorial Day and just have to say....Crap! Another expensive hobby LOL! I was amazed at the fun and I'm heading to Skydive Phx on Saturday to check into the AFP class. To this point, I've been emailing the Staff over there and so far, I'm pretty impressed so I'm counting the hours until Saturday (30th)

I look forward to everyone's comments and wisdom as I enter this sport.

If there's any folks in the Gilbert/East Mesa area, maybe we can all hookup once I get immersed into the training and enjoy the trek to my license.

Welcome Doug! Yeah its not a cheap hobby, but there is nothing like it. I have 10 jumps with SDPHX so far. I'm in Glendale but even if I can't carpool I'm still looking for jump buddies to go with!

Best tips I can offer thus far is listen to your instructors, get in a few mins in the tunnel in Eloy, and have fun!!

Respectful whuffo here - I would say 10 -15 minutes in the tunnel will have you comfortable in belly flying and make the next few jumps more productive - push ups and arching stretches may help with tunnel endurance if the back isn't a little flexible now.

To me the tunnel is a blast itself.