AZogrediver

New jumper in AZ!

Hey folks, name's Ben. Just found the forum here last week. Completed my first jump a week ago after signing up for an AFF program here in Arizona.

Absolutely amazing experience so far though I couldn't enjoy my 1st jump that much as the winds were border line too high. I made a number of the rookie mistakes but made it down to the DZ safely so I take it as a win!

I hope to make a habit of this and start jumping in places around the world when I travel as I love getting out and visiting new places.

Jumps #2 and #3 coming up this Sunday. Anyone else in the area ever want to get together for a jump hit me up, would love to have some folks to go with on a regular basis.

My instructors word will come first but tips are welcome!

Well, jump #2 didn't go well. Free fall was rough to say the least, we got out of shape early and my secondary instructor being at a sizable weight disadvantage had to let go early. My posture and general body control did't help as I was never able to settle down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYkdJ1stEY&feature=youtu.be

I plan on some tunnel time next weekend before jump #3 as I need work in this area. I have my procedures down well and canopy flight is great and my landing though it wasn't on my feet was improved. Lots and lots of improving to go and to learn.

Constructive criticism welcome.

Yeah, it was a lack of arch and made worse by bringing my knees down even more so when reaching for my ripcord. My next jump my arch improved dramatically and thus went much smoother.

Jump #4 was going great until I went head down as I pulled my cord, I still have bruises on the inside of my thighs from that. Then I came in a bit too fast on my landing and couldn't do my PLF and landed on my ass bruising my tailbone. Good thing I guess is pain is a good teacher, won't be making those mistakes again.

Thanks for the welcome, yes I'm jumping in Maricopa, much closer to Phoenix and so far everyone is great there. I've been to Eloy once already for 10mins in the tunnel, its a beautiful facility. Going again next weekend for 15mins in the tunnel and once I complete AFF I will be doing some jumps there as well.

Hi there....I was reading your thread and thought this was a good place to into myself as well....I've getting ready to start AFP at SkydivePhx...I did a tandem at Eloy and fell in love....A question for you, if you don't mind...do you have any recommendations for me as a NEWBIE just getting ready to signup at SDPHX?

I'll more then likely be there this Sat (30th) to check things out and sign up :)Thanks from Gilbert, AZ
Doug

Welcome! I'll send you a PM with specifics but its been an enjoyable experience with SDPHX. I'm headed down tomorrow for a couple coach jumps, I'm completely hooked! I now find myself getting antsy on weekends I don't jump, just can't get enough and need more money so I can jump more, its a hell of a rush.