dalehall

Hey from GA.. 3rd time the charm??

Been lurking for quite awhile now, so I figured it was time to finally speak up. I did my first jump back in 1983. Static line at 3000' in Locust Grove, GA. It was a Phys Ed class in College (Sport Parachuting) and all you had to do was step out of the door and you got an A in class. (It was the only "A" I ever made in college) [:/] This was made on one of the old round chutes and I twisted my ankle bad on landing. Although I wanted to jump again, it never happened. Fast forward 31 years later and a TI from Skydive Atlanta starts working in my office. He gets me thinking about doing it again. So, last year, we go and I jump with him. Honestly, I was terrified! It scared me so bad, I had to go back and do another tandem to see if I could conquer the fear. The second jump was much better and I felt I could do it, so I entered AFF last Summer. Due to a very sketchy schedule at home, I wasn't able to finish the jumps before winter and injuring a knee. So, here I am, Winter done and knee better about to resume my AFF jumps in 2 weeks. I'm hoping the third time is the charm for finishing my training.
Dale
A. Dale Hall
"The difference between Genius and Stupidity: Genius has its limits"

Welcome to the skydiving world! I am originally from Macon. I built dozens of houses in the Wonderful Robins,Centerville area. Mostly off highway 96. I live in Hudson Beach, Fla now and my home dropzone is Skydive City, Zephyrhills. I have jumped at Skydive Georgia and The Farm. I have been to Skydive Atlanta but didn't jump. Enjoy skydiving. It only gets better. It took me 8 or 9 jumps before I got comfortable. I will be at Skydive Atlanta the week after easter jumping.

Thanks Y'all. I hope I can get it done in a short time.. We'll see how it goes. Yes skymama, I know about Fitzgerald. I have considered going, just depends on schedule. Soccer and softball season are in full swing here, so my two girls kind of dictate a lot of my time. Hence the wacky home schedule to get my training complete.
Stu, I'm actually in Warner Robins.. Born and raised.. Left for 20 years while active duty, but back here to raise my family. Maybe I'll see you at SDA.. Thanks again for the replies..
**D**
A. Dale Hall
"The difference between Genius and Stupidity: Genius has its limits"

Good luck getting back on the horse! SDA is a great DZ, especially since you are from Warner Robins. Maybe we will run into each other some time. I jump out of Monroe for the most part, but intend to at least make it down to SDA for the Halloween boogie this year.

Soccer and softball season are in full swing here, so my two girls kind of dictate a lot of my time. Hence the wacky home schedule to get my training complete.

I totally understand. My son was heavily involved in soccer since the age of 5 so that's why my jump numbers aren't high in compared to my years in the sport. Skydiving was never more important than my kids' events. One great thing about this sport is that you can progress at your own pace.

That said, the whole family can come to the boogie if you want to make it a family event, there's always plenty of kids running around. It's really quite tame until the wee hours of the night when there might be a random naked drunk person running around.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon