naples

Hello from Indiana

Hello all! I never thought I'd join a skydiving forum, but here I am. Did a tandem out of SWFL club in Punta Gorda with Roy and had the best time of my life as you all know the joy I experienced. However, I want more and I never thought I would ever have desire to do it again, but I do. I figured once my feet hit the ground I be kissing the ground and have feet remain there for rest of my life! When people say they can't put a feeling into words, now I know what they are talking about. My plan is to do another tandem with them in January and make sure I feel the same, then would like to look into AFF possibly. To the mistake though I have watched and read about starting out and some of the mistakes. My biggest fear is not jumping in itself but I see some people that just go into erratic spin and have serious control issues. That scares the hell out of me. I literally had no idea jumping was as complex as it was. Anyway I have the upmost respect to all skydivers and any feedback on body control like avoiding spinning, coming out of a spin, flipping over from back would be great. I know this is all taught in ground school just not sure how much retains with nerves and all. Also, like to plug SWFL. I know most dropzones our filled with great people and I've been to only one, but Roy and Anne were just great. The confidence they give off and just overall attitude made me feel at ease. I was so calm till the word "door"! Sure that's common and at that time I could not feel my lower legs and I thought holy s!!t. So if area look them up. Well that's my rant hope to talk to some of you guys soon. Mike McCrea Bloomington, Indiana.

Welcome to the forums! :)that hard to get yourself out of a spin. You just have to get yourself into a boxman position and arch. You can read more about it here. If you are able to get to a wind tunnel, you can practice your form there so you will be less apprehensive about it. Let us know if you decide to do your student training!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon