never2L8

New Skydiver from CT

In July I asked anyone at work if they wanted to join me skydiving. I ended up with a group of 6 that showed up July 27th. I knew right from the start that I would want to continue jumping. We all loved it! I figured out what I had to do to become licensed and started right away. I just completed my IAF level 4 today. I was actually nervous about this jump because I had to land on my own. It went very well and I can't wait for the next one. I'm not able to express to any of my family how amazing this is, they just think I am crazy! :S

GOOD for you.....
worry NOT what your family thinks....it's Not easy to explain the allure of the sport.
Glad to see that you're at The Ranch...Great people great staff Great airplanes... When you drive there from CT. do you drive past Brewster NY ? I grew up there and still have lots of family members in that town...
OK i guess since i have YET to "grow Up " i should revise my words and say,, " I was a KID there " ,, in the 50s and 60s " B|
jmy

jmy
I love the staff at the Ranch! I drive over 55 over the Mid Hudson bridge. I work in Northern Westchester so I go through Brewster daily! Funny I have family in Rochester and Batavia. My family is from Niagara Falls.
My oldest son and his wife have done their first tandem, my son said in the future he will go for his license. I would like to take my 25yr old son, I just have to get him back from VT.
Like you I still have not grown up and don't intend to! :)

Welcome to the sport.

Since you are jumping at the Ranch I am guessing you are in the lower south east corner of the state. I am up here almost in RI.

When you get that A license don't forget to check out the two awesome DZ's that CT has to offer.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Where in CT are you from? I lived in Ridgefield/Danbury for a long time and started jumping at The Ranch in 2007. I live in Seattle now but miss The Ranch and my friends there a lot. The Ranch is a great place to learn, Linda and Pete, Steve, Lynnlee and the whole staff are amazing. Welcome to the sport!

I have 28 jumps. Just got my A license at skydive danielson in ct. Awesome small DZ. The owners are a young couple . The people there are the best you will find. Very welcoming and a fun place to jump. They only fly cesna's but the atmosphere there makes it worth going to. Definetly check it out when you get your license. I'm hitting up CPI this weekend. Have fun and stay safe.

yes Danielson is great! I just made a jump on wed. they have $14 hop n pops that day every week. I also jump pepper ell,ma
but i gotta tell you i am so glad i did my first 100 jumps there before i moved to eloy,az. You learn to spot,and to land on target!! It made me a better skydiver.now I'm back and what a great improvement! cleaned up,expanded, and a great staff!! felt so good to be back. I love what the new owners did with the place.

joe orga