nick2903

New from Australia

Hi I'm Nick and have just signed up to this forum. I'm from Australia and have only ever been able to go on 2 tandem jumps and hoping that when I go interstate in 2 weeks time I can go on my third. Eventually I'd like to do AFF but unfortunately the money situation isn't the best being a full time student!
I recently filmed a short documentary on skydiving for my film making course which has sparked my interest yet again for the sport!

Welcome Nick,
I'm a noob here in the US a full time student and self employed, so I know about the cost problems. It took me a year to save up for a package deal at the DZ for my first 8 jumps. Here's what I did. First I told myself that I had to get at least a 3.40 GPA to earn the right to drop that kind of cash. That really helped me focus on studying for physics and chemistry finals. Second every week I put $20 into an envelope labeled AFF. If I went out to the bars I would finish a drink and take out my wallet and decide money for a drink or AFF. If I chose drink the bartender got the money, AFF I put it in a side pocket until I got home to cram it in the envelope. It became a regular habit to only have 3 drinks when out and have $20 going into AFF. It took all winter, but when spring came I had the cash and raced to get it out of my hands and onto my account. If you really want to jump you can find ways to make it work. Set goals and you can pull off just about anything that you want bad enough.

Good luck
"The lizards were a race of people practically extinct from doing things smart people don't do."