Erinstime2soar

Hi I'm new to dropzone.com and also new to Colorado

Hi y'all,
I am new to dropzone.com plus just moved from Washington State to Colorado so I can be closer to my boys. I am in the process of getting a divorce and also finally realizing my life long dream of skydiving. I just wanted to say hi and see who was out there. I have not really been on chat type forums before so forgive me if I am a bit "out of the loop" so to speak.
Blue skies,
Erin

Hi,
I have done 1 tandem years ago while on vacation, it was awesome! I am waiting on my financial aid office to release my student loan money and then I will be jumping at Mile Hi in Longmont, CO. I have been in touch with one of the people who will be instructing me and so it's all set for me to get jumping as soon as possible. Even though I am set to start jumping there I felt it would be premature of me to list them as my home drop zone. Where are you at?

Hey there,

I'm also fairly new to skydiving as well and did AFF through Mile-Hi. They have great instructors but that place can be crazy and packed on the weekends. If you have the opportunity to go on week days I recommend it, otherwise don't be overwhelmed with all the skydivers, just meet some new people.

There is also an indoor skydiving tunnel down south in Lone Tree, CO. It is a great place to train and work on stability and increase our learning curve. Also, lots of great instructors to work with there.

Hi smc656,
I'm actually going to be heading out to Mile Hi tomorrow afternoon to meet with the person I have been in contact with online before I moved here to get things squared away so I can hopefully have things set into place so I can start as soon as my money hits my student account. Are you going to be there by chance? I don't know anyone in Colorado yet except the guy I am divorcing. So you could say that I could use some new people here in my life. Lol I am going to be hitting up the tunnel as well, I am planning to hit the tunnel to help me get my body positioning right while I get used to the altitude change of living in Washington State around sea level to now Lakewood Colorado. My number is (removed by Skymama for your safety, please pm instead) shoot me a text if you want and we can say hi.
Blue skies,
Erin

Hi Skymama,
Thanks for welcoming me. I'm not using all of my college money to start skydiving. I have other money coming in its just moving from Washington to Colorado I spent a good chunk of my savings. I'm usually a pretty practical gal as well so I completely get where you are coming from. But it's something that I need to do for myself right now to put something back in to my soul after going through what I have in the past year.
Take care,
Erin

I'm living out in western Colorado at the moment so I've been doing more jumping in Moab than at Mile Hi, but I still head out that way when I can so maybe I'll see you sometime. How was your first day at Mile-Hi, who have you been working with?