RoccoV

Photographer, and recently insane!

Hello!

I'm a working photographer, commercial and wedding, and recently... I fell out of a plane. Still doesn't seem like the kind of thing that anyone has the business of being alive to talk about. I've only jumped once, tandem, and already I have every intention of getting certified.

Here's a recent pic of my girlfriend and I, an example of my work.

http://www.vierimagestudios.com/img/s10/v111/p884080907-4.jpg

I've been doing quite a bit of reading on here while waiting the three day period before posting. Looking forward to being active on this forum. Some good people here, I've noticed.

Cheers,

-Richard

I know you're new but...and this is only a suggestion.... you and your lady might want to try some head and shoulders shampoo and maybe some lotion. ;) Looking a little "Cave Couple" in that photo.

Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.

leafyanna

Just out of ignorance here...when people do their jump stat does tandem jumps really count? I had thought your first jump means when you first jump out of a plane solo... question from another newbie

Jumping out of a plane is jumping out of a plane. Don't reduce the number just because some deadweight is strapped to your back, along for the ride. And the tandem can count towards the number required for licence purposes.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

JeffCa

Don't reduce the number just because some deadweight is strapped to your back, along for the ride. And the tandem can count towards the number required for licence purposes.

Ha, I'm concerned because I actually didn't do anything throughout the ride. If not for the "deadweight" strapped to my back I'd sure be dead! But that's good news for me if I can count my tandems in to get my license. Thanks!

skymama

Welcome to the forums! :)

She did! It was actually a birthday surprise for her. I took her to the hangar blindfolded. Save for me forgetting that she gets motion sickness and her throwing up, it was a big hit! Really though, she wants to go again. Ha.

Thanks though! So far I've had exactly 11 dreams about skydiving since my jump.

havoc996

I know you're new but...and this is only a suggestion.... you and your lady might want to try some head and shoulders shampoo and maybe some lotion. ;) Looking a little "Cave Couple" in that photo.

Yeah... About that... we were molting?! It was a photo I took in October. Halloween and all that. Used bleached flour for effect. (MESSY!)

She did! It was actually a birthday surprise for her. I took her to the hangar blindfolded. Save for me forgetting that she gets motion sickness and her throwing up, it was a big hit! Really though, she wants to go again. Ha.

Oh no! Did she throw-up on the jump? Instructors hate that. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

RoccoV

Yeah... About that... we were molting?! It was a photo I took in October. Halloween and all that. Used bleached flour for effect. (MESSY!)

Bet that was loads of fun around the camera. Welcome bud.
Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.

RoccoV

***Welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks though! So far I've had exactly 11 dreams about skydiving since my jump.

havoc996

I deal with motion sickness, using a prescription patch. It works.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”