Clearlyhazy

New AFF student in Washington

Hey all, I'm a new AFF student at Skydive Kapowsin in WA. My next jump will be Level 4, and I still have A LOT to work on before I do it. My biggest problems are #1 not arching enough, and #2, relaxing. I really love the rush I get when I'm skydiving, but it all just feels so unnatural. Thankfully they have some very patient, understanding, and awesome instructors out there who completely understand what I'm going through.

Happy to be a part of this excellent resource and community, and I look forward to learning and eventually being able to contribute.

Clearlyhazy

My biggest problems are #1 not arching enough, and #2, relaxing.

If you can accomplish #2, #1 will be much easier!

Welcome to the skies! B|
You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation.

EChen22

*** My biggest problems are #1 not arching enough, and #2, relaxing.

If you can accomplish #2, #1 will be much easier!

Welcome to the skies! B|

Thank you! I'm very excited! I wish I could just relax, but I tense up getting out of the airplane because well....I don't really want to get out of the airplane lol.

I wish I could just relax, but I tense up getting out of the airplane because well....I don't really want to get out of the airplane lol.

Do yourself a favor and ride down with a jump pilot once, This will never be an issue again after that I promise.
Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.

Clearlyhazy

Heh....I'm a pilot by trade.....I actually quite enjoy the ride down

Yes well our pilots often beat us down and I saw more than one person say they'd never do it again. Doesn't mean I don't love and appreciate you guys. ;)
Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.

Clearlyhazy

Heh....I'm a pilot by trade.....I actually quite enjoy the ride down

What kind of plane?

Some of them come down slowly and gently - Cessna piston singles and Skyvans for example.

Others - Otters, Porters and King Airs - come down a little bit faster.

I rode observer in Mullins' KA once. the descent was...

Interesting.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It's a lot to take in, it was overwhelming at first for me on aff. I was more afraid of screwing up and forgetting something because I didn't want to repeat a jump. The exit used to be the scariest thing for me. Now It's my favorite thing! Just keep jumping, and eventually you get more confident and relaxed each jump. The tunnel is a great idea, careful it's addicting. But worth it.