billyz222

Need advice and information!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Billy, i want to wish everyone a happy new year.
today im writing here since I've been planning to become a skydiver and would like to become a professional in this sport. My goals are to do base jumping from buildings or any other object around the world and also becoming a wing suit pro( i know its a long way to go, but im very motivated and focused on achieving my goals ;)).
Because i live in montreal, canada, the season starts in may, so i looked up couple of drop zones and i found one (2 hours away from home)who's planning a trip to tampa, FL end of february and is offering to do the solo license for around 1900$CAD. Then looked up the drop zone where its planned, and its skydive city Zhill FL. i saw a package deal for Solo' license for $1475USD and the A License Package for $2490USD (Includes Category A through H, all 25 jumps(some include coaching and some solo skydives + materials),

now my questions are:

1:whats the difference between solo certificate: canadian and American??

2: is license A known world wide?

3:what would be best to do? canadian solo license(1900$) with the canadian drop zone, american solo license (1490$) or A license directly with skydive city(2450$USD)???

im sure you guys had a lot of people ask you this before and i did read a lot about the licenses but i would like to have your opinion from people who have been throw these situations and have experience in the field.

thank you everyone in advance and can't wait to meet fun people to skydive with!!!!

billyz222

Hello everyone, my name is Billy, i want to wish everyone a happy new year.
today im writing here since I've been planning to become a skydiver and would like to become a professional in this sport. My goals are to do base jumping from buildings or any other object around the world and also becoming a wing suit pro( i know its a long way to go, but im very motivated and focused on achieving my goals ;)).
Because i live in montreal, canada, the season starts in may, so i looked up couple of drop zones and i found one (2 hours away from home)who's planning a trip to tampa, FL end of february and is offering to do the solo license for around 1900$CAD. Then looked up the drop zone where its planned, and its skydive city Zhill FL. i saw a package deal for Solo' license for $1475USD and the A License Package for $2490USD (Includes Category A through H, all 25 jumps(some include coaching and some solo skydives + materials),

now my questions are:

1:whats the difference between solo certificate: canadian and American??

2: is license A known world wide?

3:what would be best to do? canadian solo license(1900$) with the canadian drop zone, american solo license (1490$) or A license directly with skydive city(2450$USD)???

im sure you guys had a lot of people ask you this before and i did read a lot about the licenses but i would like to have your opinion from people who have been throw these situations and have experience in the field.

thank you everyone in advance and can't wait to meet fun people to skydive with!!!!

Welcome!

I hope you get everything you want from the sport.

Your goals are admirable. My only advice at the moment, just allow yourself to be flexible as you progress and gain experience in the sport.

Try everything you can. What I mean is, try all the disciplines when you can. There is a LOT out there to experience.

I really can't advise you on your financial decisions. What appears to me as the right thing to do, may not suit you at all.

Hopefully, someone smarter and wiser will be able to chime in here and get you started on the right path.

I wish you the best in your decision.

Good Luck, and BE SAFE!:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Can't go wrong packing up and going to Zhills for the winter. There are always tons of Canadians there during the winter. I was there a month ago and jumped with several dudes from Quebec who are down there for the winter.

You'll have good weather, good instructors and more planes than you know what to do with. If you have the time you can probably get your B license. B|

I'm sure you won't regret it.

thank you guys for the welcoming and i think im going to do my A license certificate since i find it a better package deal to start off.
i will be there between feb 21 and march 4, somewhere around that time so if anyones gonna be there at the same time, let me know, would be nice to meet a couple of you and start diving with cool people.

have a good one!!!!

Welcome to the forums! :)1. He's the DZO of Skydive City (meaning, he might know a few things about the dropzone)
2. He's a pretty nice guy...most of the time...:)
3. He's Canukistanian, so he might know something about the Canadian licensing system too! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon