atsaubrey

Icarus 330 tandem.

I have been looking for a new canopy (currently jumping a XX military 370ft2 HALO canopy) I may have an opportunity to purchase a Icarus 330. I have several questions. First off, I will be loading it at about 1.1:1, and i'm curious on what I might expect for performance (I need something very forgiving). #2 I need i'm worried about landings on a ZP canopy (I have been told I will love ZP, but i'm nervous, i'm used to "sinking" in on landings). #3 I have been using a 30" pilot chute on my 370 and have had 0 hesitation, is the pilot sufficient for a 330 ZP canopy. Anything else I might need to know?
"GOT LEAD?"

At your size... for forgiving, I'd stick with the XX... The 330 is a bit sporty on both flight, landings and occasionally openings, too.

What is your experience?

The canopy is also designed to open with the snatch force of a drogue, so the 30" pilot chute may not be ...perfect for the job.

Pack volume for your container will be about correct.

Chris

Personally, I think it would probably be just fine. I put quite a few jumps on 330's and 300's and loved them. As for the snatch force issue....I don't think that's an issue either. We used them on Sigma's and they drogue collapses after extraction. Does this make sense? You'll be fine, what could possibly go wrong?
my pics & stuff!

Are you intending on using the tandem cannopy in a sport rig? it sounds like you are a big boy 300 pounds+ ? I would suggest that you stick to what you have until you have more experience and aproach one of the manufactures like precision or pd and have them make you what you need. A tandem cannopy is not a good idea in a sports rig , They take forever to open and you have more stearing lines than on sport cannopies.
What system do you jumps and how big is your reserve?
All wings are safe - until their given to pilots

do you think thet could built a custom 350ish silhouette or sabre ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Those Canadian Search and Rescue Technicians were having fun under their Silhouette 300 canopies. They also use rectangular PD 335 reserves made of F-111 fabric.
Ask Performance Designs if they make Sihouette 330/350 for a military customer.