vrose

Just finished AFF @ DELMARVA

Hello everyone! I'm Venessa, originally from Seattle. I just completed AFF at Skydive DELMARVA in Laurel, DE. I'm so happy I chose this DZ - the people are rad!

With 3 tandems, 6 military static line jumps, 7 AFF and 3 post AFF jumps I'm at 19... yayyy! I'm excited to learn more about this sport. Hopefully I can get my A license before DELMARVA closes for the winter.

- V

Hi! And welcome to the forums and to the sport. There's a ton of good stuff here but you have to filter out the bad while you're at it.

Hopefully you can get a bunch of jumps in and even if not there's always the off season to keep reading, learning and saving up for a rig :-) Life is SO much better with your own rig.

...Don't Get Elimated!!

@Grzybekystan - I'm stationed at Fort Meade, but not for much longer. I should be moving away by summer :-/

Still working on my A-license! I just got back from a trip to Z-hills, FL, but the weather was bad there, too! I only got one jump in. I did learn to pack my chute and I jumped it... and I'm happy to say it opened like a dream :)

I might have to visit Cross Keys to finish while I'm still current, but I lost my log book at z-hills!

See you on Safety Day in April?

Nice! I was packing for hours before I felt comfortable enough to jump my pack job.

I'm out of here this summer too. Its bitter sweet. I need to get out of Dover but I'll miss Delmarva.

That sucks! Maybe Tater will stumble upon it.

Is Cross Keys open? I recently got some tunnel time in Raeford with Dave. But didn't get a chance to jump.

What day is Safey Day? I'll most likely be there.

Tater went to Lake Wales, but I asked Dave M. to keep a look out since I was crashing in his trailer and that was the last place I had it. If the weather wasn't so bad I wouldn't have partied so hard and lost the damn thing!

Yeah Cross Keys is open all year. Dave B. went out there today but I suspected the winds would have grounded students so I didn't go.

vrose

I'll be visiting Kapowsin in late Spring. I got stationed in Maryland and I've been here since 2005 - off and on. I go home to Seattle a few times a year so when I have my A-license I will visit Kapowsin :)

Looking forward to it. PM me when the time gets closer. If you don't have your own gear yet, we've got great rental gear for you. Just cross your fingers for sunshine.