bialicki

Joined the Sky Family!

Hello fellow sky friends!
Name is Isa from Tennessee, please don't feel like you have to read any of this because I'm just saying hello! But if you are interested, below is a little bit about my history in the sport and where I am today.

I knew from the moment I left my first plane back in 2008, that I wanted nothing more then to become a skydiver and enjoy the feeling of human fight on a regular basis! I went back 3 more times that year including a single AFF. Due to the DZ being open, only on weekends, lots of weather holds and running out of money, skydiving became something that I once did.

Nearly 5 years later with a job that can afford getting into the sport. I was on a vacation home from work and ran into a girl "friend" of mine. She put out there that we should do something while I was in town. Shortly after talking we agreed on skydiving and before long we where both loading up on the plane. Once I got home that day, I did research for a place that was open 7 days a week that could be flexible with my work schedule. I found a place, paid in full and told my self.

"if after 25 jumps and achieving an A-license, I don't wanna continue jumping... at least I got that out of my system and I used all the money I spent without wasting it"

Needless to say after 25 jumps, I was in the pro-shop ordering my rig and flight suit... the next day I was asking my self what the hell I just did?! That feeling passed the second I left the plane again! Though I was still scared shitless on the rides up over thinking life, family, etc. I finally broke and on my 32nd jump I made peace with skydiving and told my self not to fear, but to deal with each situation as it arises.

I trained STP @ Skydive Spaceland, TX obtaining my license on 9/11 making it a happier day! Today I'm at 54 jumps and 3 weeks away from getting my rig, excited I am and will hopefully be finding new friends here (@ DZ.com) and at local DZs in the surrounding area!

See you in the sky!

Hey there!
Welcome to the family

You're quite a ways ahead of me and I hope to make my peace with the sky as well someday, but Im glad to hear you are there

You got your A... but dont stop... plenty more to do ;)
You are not the contents of your wallet.

bialicki

Thank you!
It's been quite the experience! Where are you at with your training Dom?

As soon as I can muster the cajones to get back up there I'll be doing Level7 to clear for coach. Will be jump 8 if you include my tandem.
Had a weird setback that jump level 5-6 I was fearless then jump 7 I got the heebie jeebies and scrubbed before manifest.

It's like a killed a door monster and he was reincarnated. It's like starting all over. But I'm going to do this. And get caught up with you ;)

Welcome! It does take a little time to get used to the idea that we've engaged a sport/hobby/passion/lifestyle (pick anyone or all of them) that few people enjoy. Enjoy your new rig, welcome back, and congratulations.
Remember that courage is having the living hell scared out of you but going ahead with it anyway!

Blue Skies

OMG Dom!!!
I hope you slay that monster door sooner then later! You know I kept telling me self that my happy place was out side the plane and it helped me a lot! Remember the plane is less safe then skydiving... they say don't ever trust your AAD because its electronic, well so is the plane! All IMO...

Thank you both Skymama and Boomerdog for the warm welcome! I will enjoy the new rig and I hope to catch you all in the sky one day!

bialicki

OMG Dom!!!
I hope you slay that monster door sooner then later! You know I kept telling me self that my happy place was out side the plane and it helped me a lot! Remember the plane is less safe then skydiving... they say don't ever trust your AAD because its electronic, well so is the plane! All IMO...

Thank you both Skymama and Boomerdog for the warm welcome! I will enjoy the new rig and I hope to catch you all in the sky one day!

im working on it... we all have our evils to slay, every new one of us :)

The sky family has one HELL of an initiation...