wstrnstar

How to disarm the doomsayers?

Time passes. Ankle all healed up and hardware removed. Spent a bunch of down time after a total shoulder rebuild (unrelated) and I'm going back in a couple of weeks to pick up where I left off. Went to DZ for the first time in a year to set it all up yesterday, a half-dozen folks welcomed me by name as an old friend they were glad to see back.

In the meantime, I've pretty much run the gamut from being called stupid to my face to being threatened with divorce whenever the subject of jumping came up and it was impossible to deflect the conversation. To those folks I am indebted, they've helped make my resolve an almost tangible thing and have provoked a whole lot of examination of the folks I've been hanging with. I never imagined some of them had so little poetry in their souls.

Most of all, I owe everybody that took the time to reply here with sage advice and/or best wishes a debt of gratitude, it's been a long time coming. I feel like a man just released from solitary.

Blue skies...

Hi "Westy!!,"
'Been a couple of years now since my last post to ya'. Time flies!! 'Get yer kneez in da Breeze!! Wuffs will always be wuffs!! Most of the time the negative and caustic comments are because of jealousy derived from "You Doing what their own insecurities keep them from doing!!" They're not happy till you're not happy .....like "Them!"
'Had some major "Down Time" since '06 when I tore my right deltoid. It got better but other issues came up. "Finally!," Got back in the air 23MAY!! after 8.5 yrs on the deck!! That was #3848...'am up to #3852!!...... go to < http://youtu.be/PGKI1Su8CdY > Me, "Mr. Mardi Gras in the Purple, Green and Gold, Pauli on camera, Sam in grey and blue and Aleshia in Red and Grey 4-way "Chinese T (exit) 15K over Gold Coast! > zig-zag>oppos. str.stps.>spinner>open accord> top! Fun dive!! Fortunately I don't have any "nut Cases' in my immediate surroundings tryin' to drag me down!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out