MrOneNut

Trying To Figure It All Out

Hello all!

Figured I better introduce myself. Just got my A-License at Skydive Panama City three weeks ago and have been trying to learn from all the advice on this site. Figured I had better finally signup. This is a great sport and community. Glad to be a part of it.

I guess now let the newbie flaming begin!

Ian

Listen to what goes on here with one ear and a high degree of skepticism and you'll do fine. :)

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Thanks! Hoping to get a few more jumps in tomorrow. Finally a few good weekends of weather in the Florida panhandle. Earning my "A" was freaking awesome! Watching my instructor freefly while observing my check dive on the last load of the day was unforgettable. All I can say is Skydive Panama City made it happen for me!

Do you have any advice on boogie etiquette?

Yes. Don't do anything that you wouldn't want to show up on the internet. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Do you have any advice on boogie etiquette?

Yes. Don't do anything that you wouldn't want to show up on the internet. ;)

Ha! That's impossible. Try giving him some more doable advice.

Don't plan on doing the high altitude load early Sunday morning. Or late Sunday morning. In fact, don't plan on doing anything Sunday morning.

Ha! That's impossible. Try giving him some more doable advice.

Ok, fine. I'll change it to: only misbehave in private with people you trust who don't have their cell phones out. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

MrOneNut

My first boogie will be the Veteran's Day Boogie at Skydive Panama City in a few weeks! It will be my first boogie, so I am really looking forward to it. Do you have any advice on boogie etiquette?

Be realistic about your skills and abilities.

Boogies often have opportunities to do stuff you've never done before. With people who don't know how good you are (or aren't).

It's a good recipe for bad things to happen.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Why the thinking your going to get flamed? [:/]
I'm a new "A" myself. ideas get exchanged here. Keep talking to your instructors at your DZ, enroll in a canopy control class.
As long as I've been here, on issues of skydiving, people have been very helpful here. The "Speaker's Corner" is a different story. You put an opinion out over there, expect someone to respond. They may agree or disagree with you over there but that's what the Speaker's Corner is there for. Here, hey, nothing here but encouragement.

I figured that there would be a lot of support in this group for sure. Skydivers tend to be great people and I am looking forward to visiting new DZ's. I used to race motorcycles, and let's just say racing forums had a different crowd. I don't mind a little good natured humor and ridicule though! Congrats on your "A"! I don't know about you, but with the Florida heat I love being able to jump without a jumpsuit on all the time now.