nygirl

New Girl

I did my first tandem jump and fell in love with the high and the peace at the same time. A month later I went for my 2nd jump with some friends and because of those white puffy things in the sky we couldn't jump.. :(I am really excited about taking lessons and would love to meet people in the so.cal area. I know I have so much to learn and can't wait to go again. :)

Being a girl, sure all the guys wish you started 10years ago.

Welcome to the world of the free and living, and inner peace (and dzdotcom)
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

nygirl

I did my first tandem jump and fell in love with the high and the peace at the same time. A month later I went for my 2nd jump with some friends and because of those white puffy things in the sky we couldn't jump.. :(I am really excited about taking lessons and would love to meet people in the so.cal area. I know I have so much to learn and can't wait to go again. :)

Are you the newgirl on the left or right of your profile pic?
Anyways, thanks for making a few tandem jumps...it really keeps our local DZs open and operational for us licensed regular jumpers.
You'll meet alot of jumpers out there. Some you should be really really careful of.

But anyhow welcome to the skies. And i'll just put it out there but you wouldn't happen to be interested in a date? doesn't have to be fancy or anything..c'mon take a chance like you're taking a chance at skydiving :$

nygirl

Santa Barbara. However, so cal has a few in my area.. Can't wait to jump again. I have a lot of catching up to do. lol

I used to jump there regularly. Very nice people and great views, but sometimes they are so busy with tandems its tough to get on a load.

I usually jump at Perris or Elsinore becasue they are closer to where I'm living now. Plus they don't have to worry about the marine layer the way Santa Barbara does.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

He was not asleep - Someone [Thank You Skymama] already removed his post. You could imagine it was not appropriate.

Any way - Hey NYGirl... Perris will be a great place to go. The views are not near as nice (I worked in SB for a couple years after the Paso Robles DZ closed), but there is the Wind Tunnel.

Go look up the Skydiving Duck cartoons - they will be a great read for you.. There is also Elsinore near there for a little different vibe.

Go have fun... Plan a trip into the wind tunnel, it can help a bunch.

My son just finished his AFF these last two weekends (Started the 3rd and finished [level 8] on the 11th)... Went into the program with over an hour in the tunnel and a tandem...;)

edited for spelling; well, misspelling.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Yo, goonieskid, you asleep out there?

He won't be answering. ;)

Now we can get back to welcoming nygirl. Yay!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Nygirl, thanks for being instrumental in having the kid gone (you didn't do anything but show up, but I'll still give you credit).

Don't worry a whole lot about the views at the DZ. You will be so focused on learning and doing that you really won't have time to appreciate them. Save that for after you are licensed.
Right now, focus on learning. Perris, Elsinore or San Diego are good places with a solid base of fun jumpers to get to know for the future.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

OuttaBounZ

Best post ever!

Goonie couldn't hold a light against the Shah aka #2.

2-3 yrs listening to him insulting women wining about same thing every day.

When he finely crossed the line to far on the record hi alt jump and insulted a living skydiving legend. The switch was flipped post haste.

That was a marvelous post.

This the net there will be another, goonie, -joey-, #2 whatever to replace him.

On a more positive note there is the artist duck lady. A first stop for any one. With her drawing skills and her experience, her sense of humor youll know that your fear is something everyone experience's.

Respect the fear and enjoy it no xtra charge.

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder