Batchelor412

7th Jump, 8 Yrs. later

Hey whats up folks, Im new to dropzone.com. Just thought I'd share my experience as a newbie. I jumped 6 six back in 2005(AFF). I was 18 years old at that time. I was on level 7 on the 6th jump. Then I met my Wife , got married and have 2 kids. Its been 8 years and now things have settled a bit. Now I'm scheduled to jump on August 24th this year and can't think about anything else really. The exhileration and visuals are unmatched. I am starting the beginner course over obviously, fortunately Skydive Pennsylvania is nice enough to gimme a break on that first jump price since I still have my Logbook and A class card. I remember doing 90 degree turns fine and did a nice controlled 360 but on the 6th jump I did an uncontrolled 360. I swear I was in good position and was turning out of it but my instructor (Jeff Reckard at the time) had to assist. Anyway I'm looking forward to getting done right and sticking with it this time, so long as the budget allows anyway ya know. Any tips for a newbie on stability...
Kyle Batchelor

Batchelor412

Hey whats up folks, Im new to dropzone.com. Just thought I'd share my experience as a newbie. I jumped 6 six back in 2005(AFF). I was 18 years old at that time. I was on level 7 on the 6th jump. Then I met my Wife , got married and have 2 kids. Its been 8 years and now things have settled a bit. Now I'm scheduled to jump on August 24th this year and can't think about anything else really. The exhileration and visuals are unmatched. I am starting the beginner course over obviously, fortunately Skydive Pennsylvania is nice enough to gimme a break on that first jump price since I still have my Logbook and A class card. I remember doing 90 degree turns fine and did a nice controlled 360 but on the 6th jump I did an uncontrolled 360. I swear I was in good position and was turning out of it but my instructor (Jeff Reckard at the time) had to assist. Anyway I'm looking forward to getting done right and sticking with it this time, so long as the budget allows anyway ya know. Any tips for a newbie on stability...

Welcome back...so any tips? yeah, arching helps alot. Breathing helps.

But man 8 years later bro? this is why I do not commit to a relationship,,,cuz that leads to kids, which leads to headaches, which leads to losing hair, which leads to sacrificing what YOU want to do. It works for some guys (I commend you on that).

But not me..i'm a wild stallion.

Hi Kyle,
Welcome! There are no wind tunnels close by at all. See the wind tunnel forum here. They are building one or a few in Chicago which I think will be the closest to Pittsburgh.
Wind tunnels are very pricey , at $600 to $900 an hour. Most people do 2to 3 min. sessions.
I live in Pittsburgh as well, and may be doing my AFF at Skydive Pa. as well. I will send you a PM. Good luck!
Todd

Wind tunnels are very pricey , at $600 to $900 an hour...

60 minutes, $600 = $10/min
60 minutes, $900 = $15/min

Skydive/min = ????
Trying not to discourage tunnel time...just sayin'
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239