yuriythebest

Greetings! One question

Hi! My name is Yuriy - I'm soon gonna go on my second jump - however, I've wanted to record it this time - however I asked my dropzone if it's ok to bring my own helmet which has a camera attached and they said "no, you must have 100 jumps"

- am I being bullshited or is this normal? if so why?

yuriythebest

Hi! My name is Yuriy - I'm soon gonna go on my second jump - however, I've wanted to record it this time - however I asked my dropzone if it's ok to bring my own helmet which has a camera attached and they said "no, you must have 100 jumps"

- am I being bullshited or is this normal? if so why?

HA! The U.S. recommendation is 200 jumps.
No, you are not getting the BS. It's all about safety.
One you start actually learning about skydiving, it will all become clear to you.

There are some U.S. DZs that ignore that recommendation and put cameras on a student's hand...in a glove type mount.

What's the problem with having another jumper with a camera fly with you?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

yuriythebest

cause filming in 3d costs around 80$ which is waay too much considering I already payed around 40$ for the jump

Are you planning to continue to learn to skydive after this jump? If you think an extra $80 is "way too much" for a skydiving add-on, especially after only paying $40 for a training jump (that's so cheap!), you will not get very far in this activity. I think you should take a very serious look at your finances and the cost of continuing to skydive.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth