Wahh12

Greetings from Germany!

Hi everyone! I am currently stationed in Stuttgart Germany with the US Army as a Black Hawk Crew Chief. I recently did a tandem jump at Saulgau (AMAZING group of guys I highly recommend) which has got me itching to earn my A license. I did a few tandems in Elsinore about ten years ago but never had the money to do much else. I am headed to the Austin TX area in July and am looking to get involved with the AFF program somewhere. I also have my pilots license amd want to get current with that as well.

Any recommendations as to DZs and information I can get started learning to streamline the AFF courses would be appreciated!

I look forward to getting to know the community and become as involved as possible.

Enjoy your weekend!

Roy

Wahh12

Hi everyone! I am currently stationed in Stuttgart Germany with the US Army as a Black Hawk Crew Chief. I recently did a tandem jump at Saulgau (AMAZING group of guys I highly recommend) which has got me itching to earn my A license. I did a few tandems in Elsinore about ten years ago but never had the money to do much else. I am headed to the Austin TX area in July and am looking to get involved with the AFF program somewhere. I also have my pilots license amd want to get current with that as well.

Any recommendations as to DZs and information I can get started learning to streamline the AFF courses would be appreciated!

I look forward to getting to know the community and become as involved as possible.

Enjoy your weekend!

Roy

Did you know they just built a kick ass tunnel in Austin? I would suggest finding a DZ that has tunnel time built into its AFF program. It helped me out greatly with freefall stability.

Other than that I don't know anything about Austin DZ's but good luck with your journey!

Info for you:

Skydiver's Information Manual (SIM) - it's our skydiving bible.
Before AFF it would benefit you to be familiar with Chapters 1-3 and Categories A-C in Chapter 4.

Try not to get ahead of yourself...everything will be covered in training and you don't want to be overloaded with info that will only apply later in your training progression.

I always recommend buying a hard copy AND downloading this soft copy.

http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx

Another benefit for getting some exposure to what's coming.....

http://www.uspa.org/BecomeaSkydiver/OnlineGroundSchool/tabid/557/Default.aspx

Good luck in your progression.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

christelsabine

Just stay with the Saulgau DZ! They are the best and DZO Paul as a pilot surely can be of help for you - so just start your AFF, you will enjoy it! B|

Made my licence there, jumped there for years, it always was a great time :)

I would love to stay there and earn my license, but I don't have enough time here to get it all finished. I will be heading back for one more jump before I leave and you right. They really are the best. The comradely between everyone is awesome. It is definitely the atmosphere I am looking for at the next DZ.

popsjumper

Info for you:

Skydiver's Information Manual (SIM) - it's our skydiving bible.
Before AFF it would benefit you to be familiar with Chapters 1-3 and Categories A-C in Chapter 4.

Try not to get ahead of yourself...everything will be covered in training and you don't want to be overloaded with info that will only apply later in your training progression.

I always recommend buying a hard copy AND downloading this soft copy.

http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx

Another benefit for getting some exposure to what's coming.....

http://www.uspa.org/BecomeaSkydiver/OnlineGroundSchool/tabid/557/Default.aspx

Good luck in your progression.

Thanks for the info. I had been looking over the USPA website and figured I should pick up a copy of the SIM. Thanks for narrowing down the sections for me. It would be like trying to read the whole FAR/AIM for pilots, not really advisable since a lot does not apply.