AdamRC

New member nub questions for Central CA

hey guys! new to the forums, and have been itching to get my A license since my first tandem jump in Marina, CA. Wanted to know if anyone knows of any schools here in central CA (Bay area/Monterey) that are well priced and knowledgeable. afraid of picking one off Google search engine that i know nothing about. Also looking for any good sites to buy new or used gear. all Info is appreciated, thx =)

I'd recommend Bay Area Skydiving in Byron or Skydance Skydiving in Davis, CA.

As for gear, chill out till you get farther along in your student progression. All the gear you need as a student will be provided for you, and will be appropriate for your skill and experience as a student. As you progress, you'll learn about gear and be able to make more informed purchasing decisions at the right time.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The thing I would most suggest reading is the USPA Skydiver's Information Manual. It is the basic manual for jumpers. It has all the requirements for licenses, Basic Safety Requirements, training progressions, recc's for canopy progression and other advanced stuff, the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) that apply to skydiving and a lot of other info.
Free download.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

hey guys! new to the forums, and have been itching to get my A license since my first tandem jump in Marina, CA. Wanted to know if anyone knows of any schools here in central CA (Bay area/Monterey) that are well priced and knowledgeable. afraid of picking one off Google search engine that i know nothing about. Also looking for any good sites to buy new or used gear. all Info is appreciated, thx =)

Keep us posted about your progress, How many jumps do you have if your working twords your A?

Isn't there a school at marina?

The classifieds here are the best in the world, I'd take NW's advice and get better first...

Good luck:)
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."