Paul_sri150

Hi all!

This is my first post so thought I'd do a cheesey Hello haha!

Booking my AFF & Packing course at the end of Feb so need to start swatting up, that's why I'm here

Looking to get around 200 jumps in over the next year, so I can get my C rating and also start on wingsuits, but I've gotta walk before I can run!

So that's about me and a hello anyway! See you around

This is my first post so thought I'd do a cheesey Hello haha!

Booking my AFF & Packing course at the end of Feb so need to start swatting up, that's why I'm here

Looking to get around 200 jumps in over the next year, so I can get my C rating and also start on wingsuits, but I've gotta walk before I can run!

So that's about me and a hello anyway! See you around

Awesome. Have you done a tandem or are you going straight to AFF?

200 jumps is doable but it's tough your first year. AFF can take a lot longer than you expect due to weather or lack of instructors.

Good luck on your goal.

Welcome to the Big Blue Skies, Paul!

Paul, 200 jumps to wingsuit is one thing. A very important aspect of being a safe skydiver is 'time in sport'.

You could knock out 200 jumps in a couple of months but then what do you really know about safe jumping? There is sooooo much to learn and most of it you can only learn by being there, investing the time and picking the brains of the trusted experienced jumpers.

There's a lot more to skydiving than in-air skills. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is what is going to keep you out of trouble. If you don't know the dangers, how to prevent them and how to handle them when they happen, your flying skills are unlikely to save your butt...especially at emergency procedure time.

Keep that in mind as you progress. Never, EVER sacrifice knowledge for skill. To be safe, you need the knowledge before you need the skills.

Landing zones are littered with hurt jumpers who neglected the knowledge.

Fly safe, my friend.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239