hawyniron11

wasted day

Is there such a thing as a wasted day at a drop zone? I thought a bad day at the drop zone was better the a supposedly great day sitting at home:)

Yes, there is.
It's those days that you are not jumping OR doing ground work to learn.

If ya' ain't jumping...learn something.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You know, this made me think about my time in U.S. Army Basic Training... Whenever we were in line (and for those of you whom have never experienced the military, there is a LOT of waiting) it was MANDATORY that we have our "smart books" open and be reading... studying... learning. Occasionally the Drill Sergeant would come along and give us a kick in the ass, but we'd have to have our smart books open whilst receiving said ass-kicking.

I haven't thought about that in YEARS.

I am a new jumper too...

I have had a couple weather days slow my progress, but if the instructor doesn't want to jump... I'll take his/her word for it. As for getting bumped because it's busy.... That's a bummer.

I too have a little hesitation at the door, but mostly because I am doing different exits now (sit, head first) and it's always awkward the first time. Dirt dives help me get the mechanics, but the actual jump feels so different with the airspeed, etc.

Keep at it... Let's see who gets their A license first. If you come to skydive AZ, look me up. I jump in California by preference, but I'd love to check out my local DZ.
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

I am now at Skydive Adventures at skydive Arizona to continue my training to my "A" license. This place is awesome, the staff and instructors really go all the way to help me get training done. The free stay at the bunk house eliminates the lodging cost. just hope the winds calm down so I can get more jumps per day in.

hawyniron11

I showed up at 7:45 am today for my aff1. went through the objectives with my instructor and was done by 8:20 am. I sat there and waited until 11:30 AM and my instructor was scheduled for another tandem jump, which would make it at least another hour before i got to jump. I got bumped 4 times, my instructor said he was sorry and told me the manager knows i'll back but the tourist doing the tandem are only visiting so they come first. Food for thought. took the day off for this jump to. The worst part is I waited 10 days for "perfect" winds that was good for a beginner learning to land.:(

sucks to be you...but that's the nature of the beast. While the instructor is there to keep you safe as possible and to teach you and to guide you, the tandums are giving priority and the presidential treatment..after all the tandumbs are the ones that keep the DZ open which allow us licensed jumpers to keep jumping.