12bhi

Cypress question

If your rigger pulls it out he can ship it to [ url "www.sskinc.com" ] SSK [/url] but it's easier for you to do it so you don't have to owe him for the shipping. SSK takes credit cards so if your rigger does ship it out, give him your CC info. Yes a rigger can change batteries in a unit, and they are about $70-$80 for a cypres1. A four year check is about $160 with out the batteries. (the last time I checked).

The 4/8 year maintence can only be performed by SSK in Ohio or Airtec in Germany. So shipping or personally delivering are the only options. A rigger can not perform the maintence at home.

Generally new batteries are included in the price of the maintence. For most current pricing look on SSK's website at www.cypres-usa.com
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The 4/9 year maintence can only be performed by SSK in Ohio or Airtec in Germany

Phree, I hope you haven't waited to have a NINE year check ;)

Depends on the rigger. The battery is not included as part of the 4 - 8yr. ck., but rather a separate charge on the bill from SSK. They will not change-out the battery if, there are more than 3-months life left on the battery. As a service to my customers, I'll go ahead and send their Cypres to SSK and keep track of shipping, etc. and add it to their bil for the inspection and re-pack of their reserve.

Chuck

If your rigger opens your gear and finds an out of date AAD, he must either send it in for service first or just remove entirely before repacking. According to the FARs, we have to follow the manufacturers requirements. If they say you can't pack an out of date AAD, we must obey!

The logic loophole.
My jumpers often ask "Isn't an AAD that might not work better than no AAD at all?"
All I can do is say "hey, good point" ...and then I pull out the unit anyway.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

SSK has never charged $95 for batteries. Invoice received yesterday for service and battery - Battery $69. Current list price on Web site $79.

Now some gear dealers and riggers ARE charging $95, plus installation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Riggers have to turn a profit somewhere.

[

Riggers have to turn a profit somewhere.

Sure they do, but 38% markup? Plus installation? I suppose :| but I have the luxury of not having to make my living rigging. So I chose not to make having an AAD any more expensive to my customers than necessary. So I charge list for the batteries and the difference between that and quantity discount pays for shipping, calls, and keeping them in stock. I don't charge for AAD installation, or installing or removing an AAD. I didn't want my charges to be the cause of someone not jumping one.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE