miller91320

Hi

Hi All,

I've been creeping around on the site doing my research on skydiving and am really excited to get started very soon. I have done one tandem a while back and am finally in a position to afford all the training and equipment.

I just have one question so far and that is about my local DZ.

Does anyone have any experience with Sydive Costal California in Camarillo, CA?

One of the steps to get started on this site is to find a reputable DZ. I just want to make sure that I am in good hands with the instructors there before I commit to an AFF program with them. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Eric

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4020349;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I may wrong, but it looks like another Slyride joint.

There are 26 DZs in California...most are not associated with Slyride.

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/California/index.html
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Do you have a web link for Coastal?

It's not listed on here (the bottom link Pops put up).

Not being on here doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that it isn't any good, but it is not a good sign.

Listing on here is free and easy. There's no reason not to do it that I know of.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Well, it has directions that seem real, including pics of the gate to use and the request to not bother the neighbors.

And it isn't listed on the "ripoff" site that jumpdude has up:

http://1800skyrideripoff.com/

My guess would be that it's a tandem mill. Real DZ but not really a place to get trained and licensed. But I could be wrong.

To the OP:
If you are in the LA area, Perris and Elsinore are great places. Real DZs that have solid training and a desire to see you succeed. I'd try them first.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Welcome to the forums! :)
Do you know what plane they have? To me, that is something to consider too. Then again, I come from the land of turbine dropzones so I'm a plane snob. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thank you for all the feedback everyone. I called them and they do offer AFF training but I didn't ask them if I could jump there after I was certified. For the training they have to fly you out to a different DZ than the one they use for tandem since the tandem DZ is in a tiny spot with a lot of obstacles around. So I'm guessing you would have to be a more experienced jumper to land there. I will look into the other spots mentioned above.

Thanks again,
Eric